using gym equipment in mobile homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
helena

using gym equipment in mobile homes

Post by helena » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:41 pm

We just moved in into a new single wide set on blocks and also with a Magnum pier foundation system for FHA requirements.

Is using a treadmill or any other high impact activity, aerobics, etc. a bad idea in a structure not on a conventional foundation ? I never thought it was a problem, but a few guys have told me it's bad for the floors and could knock the house out of level.

I don't weigh 300 lbs or anything, but is there any truth to this? It may be a silly question but I would like to know.

rmurray

Re: using gym equipment in mobile homes

Post by rmurray » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:29 am

Be sensible and go for it..Will help to keep you from that 300lb person you mention. Have fun..good luck

David Oxhandler

Re: using gym equipment in mobile homes

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:57 am

I live in an 80's vintage Fleetwood. It has a very small 2nd bedroom where I keep my exercise bike. It has been in there for seven years. I try to ride outside most days but do use the inside bike several times each month when I'm pressed for time or it is raining. The only down side is that the scenery never changes. We have never had any structural problem.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]