Nightmare in CALI!!

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
downandout

Nightmare in CALI!!

Post by downandout » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:50 pm

I purchased a Home from Quality Wholesale Homes & Furnishings they lied.Gave a deposit got jack around for a couple of months finally got to order the home.They told me it was come from a plant in California in stead it was coming from Arizona so it cost $10000 to move it from what they told me it would only cost about $1200 big difference in price.So anyway after 6 months the called and told me the House was ready,Well there is a Quality home transport "Mario" it took 3 weeks to deliver my new Home guess what the transport company "TOTALED my NEW HOME!! They tried to have me sign for it,they said some one would be out to fix it.Well after argueing with Quality Wholesale Homes for 10 days did I tell you they blocked me out of my property just dumped those homes 2 pieces plus what was trailing behind them and left.So After several phone calls talked to a manager at Fleetwoods main office they came right out and checked it,it was totaled 2 months later got a new home.So my family and I were out in the cold for 8 months and "QWHF" thinks it's ok to treat people like that.SO it has been a nightmare lost my family over them and now they put a lien on my property,they were payed. SOME ONE HELP!! They should be aloud to get away with this.changing prices,lieing,and plane out deceptive.

rmurray

Re: Nightmare in CALI!!

Post by rmurray » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Too bad you did not come here before you bought the home....This company has been mentioned here many times..The first post about this company was in 2005...You can use the search function at the top of this post and you will find over 20 mentions of this company, most with similar experiences...

You can find many of them here..

http://mfdhousing.com/phorum5/read.php? ... #msg-37184

You should soon contact an attorney and all relevant state authorities...Your state will probably tell you since you bought out of state they cannot help...But you should contact them anyway...

Your state's proper department can be found here..

http://www.hcd.ca.gov/codes/ol/ombpg-menu.html

Your state also has a recovery fund which can reimburse you for up to $75,000 for fraud or lack of warranty service..You can find info here in English, Spanish or Vietnamese..

Go after them..Good Luck

http://www.hcd.ca.gov/codes/ol/ombpg-menu.html

itica

Post by itica » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:53 am

Welcome to the club! At lease I dumped them before getting as far in as you did. After sending them a 2,500 deposit, that the salesman pressured me to send because "The prices are going up in a few days", their ability to answer any option price questions or provide any info on setting the home on a foundation went away. After 6 months of struggle I lost faith in them and asked for my deposit back. I just got an e-mail telling me that my refund is ZERO. Apparently they are not in the house business they are in the collecting deposits business.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:41 am

How crooked. You should try complaining to the licensing authority in the state they are in, or the HUD enforcement office of that state, or the state's attorney general in that state,or the consumer affairs office in their state or the county prosecutor where they are located, or bring suit in their local small claims court. Better yet do ALL of the above make them wish they had never met you...Help other unsuspecting folks like you. Who knows maybe you will get your money back..but better is the revenge.

GO FOR IT....

sharpf

Post by sharpf » Sat May 17, 2008 1:23 am

You know you guys, you should contact your local TV station. Most here in Arizona have a trouble shooting segment where they go after companies that have caused major upsets to consumers. I think because of the publicity, they usually buckle and make it right, just to get out of the limelight!

I live here in Glendale, Arizona, and have never heard of this seller myself. Between Glendale and Mesa Arizona we are the hub of manufactured home sales here in AZ.

As brought out here in this thread and others, never put money down if you are being pressured to rush, do not get straight answers, feel the least bit uncomfortable, etc. If you are really wanting to get a home, get everything in a written contract and get a lawyer to go over it to make sure everything is above board. Then if anything goes wrong, have the lawyer do any contacting, they have more power and know the laws needed to be met.

I wish all the pleasure of a smooth purchase and enjoyment of a new manufactured home!!!!!