Deer Valley

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
richard

Deer Valley

Post by richard » Wed May 02, 2007 11:27 am

Looked at a Deer Valley in WV the other day and it looked nice. If I was told correct by the dealer it has better standard specs than most homes I have looked at, Norris, Patriot, & Fairmont. He said it came standard with 3/4 osb floors, 2x6 ext walls, all 2x4 interior walls, rafters 16"oc & residential quality windows. Anyone have any experience with this brand ??

Thanks

rmurray

Re: Deer Valley

Post by rmurray » Wed May 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Fairly new manufacturer..Built first homes in Jan 2004..Probably not a lot of experienced owners out there...Specs sound good...You like it..buy it...You are quite a ways from the Northern Ala plant location might make follow up service hard for them...Ask for other references from the dealer in your area...See what local owners think of the dealer and manufacturer..

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

I found this under popular options on Deer Valley web site...

"2" x 4" interior walls 16" OC"

You can find them all here...

http://www.dickmoorehousing.com/DVoptions.html

Sounds like the salesperson has not made all clear....Be sure to read factory printed literature for good info...The house IS standard with 2x4 marriage walls...NOT all interior walls...Hope this is just a misunderstanding....

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Thu May 03, 2007 4:49 am

Deer Valley is std with 2 x 4 interior walls. But they are 24" o.c.. The materials used in a Deer Valley are quality materials, but their workmanship often is not the greatest. If you pay close attention to things like the way moldings are mitered and the drywall is finished, they don't quite measure up to the likes of Fairmont and Patriot. Remember, their slogan of heavy built homes is heavy built by Alabama standards. For the most part, Fairmonts and Patriots built in Indiana are more solid houses.

mjaman

Post by mjaman » Thu May 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Richard, My wife and I, after looking endlessly for a better quality manufactured home, decided on a Deer Valley which we have been in for a year. We modified one of the floor plans and are very happy with it. The quality is far superior to what we saw on the market at the time. The service men are more than accomodating. I don't know of any other company that you can call and speak to the President or VP and discuss issues. We had some very unusual circumstances during our purchase and this company was more than professional during the ordeal.
If you would like more information about what we have experienced with them I would be glad to discuss it with you.

richard

Post by richard » Mon May 07, 2007 11:12 am

Everyone always agrees that a Patriot is a very good home but what bothers me is they have a 5/8 floor with no upgrade and you cant upgrade the interior walls to 2x4's.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 5:41 pm

From the Deer Valley standard features portion of the website (needs some spelling work):

"Raised Panel Shitters Front Door Side"

Cheers, Mac

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu May 17, 2007 10:03 pm

LOL wonder how I missed that...

PVHIII

Post by PVHIII » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:33 am

Deer valley interior walls are standard 2x4 16" on center not 24" on center unless it's a "Woodland Series"...they're 24" on center but exterior walls are all 2x6 16" on center in all Deer Valley homes and ALL have double perimeter railing.