The Falls of Ocala 55+ park in Ocala, FL

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Roger

The Falls of Ocala 55+ park in Ocala, FL

Post by Roger » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:47 am

I live in a park called "The Falls of Ocala" where you purchase your property when you purchase your home. You have the choice of purchasing one of the many model homes, designing your own, or one of the pre-owned homes.

I have lived here for over 5 years which puts me in the category of one of the first to live here in this 55 + park in Ocala, FL. Driving into our park you will probably not recognize it as a "manufactured home" park because of the unique landscaping done to each lot before the homes are set in. The homes have no skirting but a stucco trim around the base of each home with a brick like texture and is then back filled so that there is only a small 1 step porch before entering the home. All homes have either a carport or up to a 2 car garage, an attached shed and a screen room (many are enclosed with either vinyl or glass windows). Property values in Marion county are rising very fast, so this would be the time to make a purchase.

Do I sound like a salesman? Well I'm not, just a very happy resident.

I like most of the other residents here made up our mind that "This is where I want to live" as soon as you drive into our park. It is a relatively small park with less than 70 homes (doublewides), but we are expanding "VERY" fast with the first "phase" nearly full. There is a second phase with about the same amount of lots that will be starting soon. The second phase will be the last phase that is possible in our community and is expected to be sold out in a couple of years. The Falls of Ocala is in the middle of the beautiful "horse country" of Marion County with the "Double Diamond" thoroughbred farm within view looking west of the park.

If you do decide to look over our park, please let "Scott" our manager know that "Roger" recommended it to you. I am pretty positive that if you look here, you will live here.

David Oxhandler

Re: Happy Home Owner

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:39 am

Rodger Thanks for your input -

It is great to hear that you have found the perfect location for you MH.

Those of you reading this... if you also think your community or subdivision is a good choice, share it with us here. Post the name and location of your community and tell us about the best features by submitting below.

Jack Schroeder

Post by Jack Schroeder » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:25 am

Roger,

Sounds like a great place to call home. My wife and I are starting to look at areas around Ocala, My main concern presently is Homeowners Insurance. I am not looking for specific numbers, but could you please give me an estimate as to the rates in the Ocala area. Is it possible to get Homeowners at this time for your area.

I would appreciate any info you could give me. We have been looking forward for year to retiring to that area of Florida, now we are not sure we can because of the Insurance costs post-Hurricanes.

Thank you very much

Jack

Gene

Post by Gene » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:23 pm

Several months ago I checked with Geico specifically for the Ocala area and for a new MH valued at $100,000 the cost was $2500 annually. They only offered one deductible and I think it was $500. I tried to increase the deductible to reduce the premium and they did not offer anything. another insurance referred by All State in the Ocala area quickly said about $900 but didn't get into specifics. Closer to the coasts I could find no insurance. My brother lives in Sebring and an older 1988 mobile insured thru the state system costs him $1100.

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:57 am

Because we are located in the middle of Florida, I think that we don't have near the problem with insurance as they do near the coast where hurricanes do their major damage. I think the lower cost of what Gene said are realistic for even the upper scale MH in our area. You could give our park manager in The Falls of Ocala a call and talk to him about insurance cost and I am sure that he could gire you more of the facts over a broader range being as he is involved with the sales also. Remember to mention that Roger suggested the park and is a "Happy Home Owner".

Jeannine Crump

Post by Jeannine Crump » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:21 am

Hi,
Are you a Pet-Friendly Park ?
What are the lots selling for ?
Thanks Roger.
Jeannine
[email protected]

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:25 am

I am sorry that you are having a problem finding a more reasonable quote. I share your frustration. I personally experienced this problem as the insurance company that covered the homes in our MHCommunity was one of the first to abandoned the state. I was finding it impossible to get any coverage and found that very frightening. The insurance companies took a beating in Florida last year and in the Central Gulf this year. At this moment, it is difficult to get coverage in these areas. This is not just a problem for mfd housing. All insurance that covers wind damage in Florida and the Gulf States has become a problem. We saw this same problem after Andrew. But, after a few years of no serious hurricanes the insurance companies returned and prices stabilized. Lets hope and pray this is the first in a long string of years that we avoid destructive storms. We have a new partner in Florida who is writing insurance. You can contact them by filling out the free quote request at www.MobileHomeInsuranceQuote.com The only source at the moment is Citizens - the state pool - You need to expect that the cost will be higher than before... What we were paying before has very little to do with the current market. While the insurance bill is a shock if you think about it alot more than insurance has changed. When I paid for insurance last we were paying considerably less for gas, electic, food... these days the cost of everything is jumping up to new highs. I raised my deductible to soften the new pricing impact a little. My new premium, at an additional $200 per year really only amounts to only three dollars and change per week. While I would rather not give this extra money to insurance this seems to be a very reasonable alternative for me to the nightmare of not having insurance.Thanks for visiting us on line. Watch WWW.MOBILEHOME.COM and we will keep you up to date on this state wide crisis.David [email protected] MANUFACTURED HOUSING GLOBAL NETWORK

Jack Schroeder

Post by Jack Schroeder » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:35 am

Thank you all for your response. I will certainly check further with the appropriate people you mentioned.

Roger I think we are going to plan a trip to your area sometime this year, we will certainly make arrangements ahead of time to meet with Scott, and will certainly mention your name and refer to you as "The happy Resident".

Thanks again for all your help and I will be looking here for further info that might come available.

Jack

Roger

Still the Happy Home Owner

Post by Roger » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Jeannine,
We have residents in the park that have pets although there are restrictions as to the number, size and some other rules (like they must must not be outside alone and when outside must be on a persons leash.

As far as the price of the lots, I think the way that they are doing it now is that you purchase the home and the lot as a package whether it is a resale or a new home.

For details you would have to talk to our manage Scott. You can contact him from the Falls of Ocala's website http://www.thefallsofocala.com

While you are looking at the website, take a look at the "Residents" area and see the activities in the newsletter and the calendar.

We have a lot of activities in the park that you can join in if you wish. I remember when we first moved here we were made to feel welcome and it didn't take long at all before we felt like we were no longer "strangers".

ron gralewski

Re: Still the Happy Home Owner

Post by ron gralewski » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:06 am

It has always been a dream of ours to retire and live in a nice mobile home by a lake. Although we have about 3 plus years until retirement, I am starting my research now. What I am finding is that this process is not so cut and dry. Do we rent a space, buy a lot or go into this coop-type situation I've been reading about? It sounds as if you are happy with your situation. We hope we will be equally delighted with ours once we decide what to do. Thanks