Marco Fireplace

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Cathe

Marco Fireplace

Post by Cathe » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:48 pm

We purchased a 1998 Gateway, by Champion, in May this year. It is on one acre. There is a fireplace, manufacturer is Marco. The company no longer exists!
There is a lever on the right side of the fireplace that we cannot quite figure out! We have found the damper lever, we think, on the top center. Anyone else have one of these?

mh3203

Re: Marco Fireplace

Post by mh3203 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:52 am

That lever I think opens a path for air to be vented to the fire place from outside air. If you look outside the home a vent that looks like a dryer vent should be there. This is suppose to make your fire place more efficient by not taking warm air from the inside of your home up your chimney.

Cathe

Post by Cathe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 am

I didn't see any vent outside, maybe it is under the house? We are on a foundation, and do have a crawlspace. We tried using the "blower" WOW! is that LOUD!
Thanks,
Cathe

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:34 pm

That very well could be your air control - the air would be drawn from outside (likely your crawl space). Try moving the lever from one side, let it sit 15 sec, then move to the other side. If the fire changes in intensity, that's your air control, to control the burn rate. When starting a fire, put the lever in the position that allows the most airflow.

joe

Post by joe » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:10 pm

I have a Marco Fireplace, maybe you can help me, I can't seem to find a damper switch.

Joe

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:03 pm

The fresh air intake is under the home..straight down from the fireplace...Your crawlspace will have vents as well..to allow the free flow of air....

Cathe

Post by Cathe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:45 pm

the vents where my blower is have cold air coming out when it's windy, could that extra lever control that?? I'll try it.
Cathe

Cathe

Post by Cathe » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:46 pm

the cold air is when fireplace is not going

Tazzi

Post by Tazzi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:50 pm

Can someone please tell me where i can get an owners manual for a marco Fireplace? We just purchased this home in Aug. but it was built in 1997 and of course Marco is no longer in business. You'd think you could at least still find the owners manual for these things somewhere!!!!! Thanks

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:46 am

Go to this web site for instructions on technical assistance

http://www.marcofireplace.com/

From this site..

"If you have a Marco fireplace and need Technical assistance
E-mail your request to: [email protected] "

If you search Google for Marco Fireplaces there are hundreds of [possible places to buy parts and get information...