Marco Fireplace

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Dianne

Re: Marco Fireplace

Post by Dianne » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:17 pm

I am a service suspervisor for a manufactered home company. MH3203 is correct in his/her post The extra lever questioned in this and other posts on this forum are for the fresh air intake which helps with combustion and sould be in the open position while burning a fire, but can be closed when not is use to eliminate cold drafts. The opening for this intake is probably directly underneath through the belly of the home. Cathe: the blower motor that is too loud probably needs to be replaced. We do this occasionally in service and it can be done fairly easily. See Murray's post for good info on finding parts.

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:10 am

I tried to email Dianne to ask two additional questions but it didn't go through. So I hope she's checking this site.

1. I too have been trying to figure out the purpose of that little lever. So, since it is a 3 position lever, is open full up, middle, o full down?

2. We have been having problems with smoke backing up into our house. Could my not knowing how to use this lever be the cause of that?

Gil Massman

Post by Gil Massman » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:58 pm

Hi:

I bought a "Four Seasons" manufactured home in 1997. Our home has a MARCO Deluxe 36" fireplace with fans. The paperwork says it is a Model " BM36HCD Deluxe 36" heat Circulating with fans "

One of the fans is making noise, but I cant figure out how to get to it. Is there a way to open the grill on the front? Or do I have to cut a hole in the wall on the back side of the wall?

Thanks for any help you can give me, Gil

Derek

Post by Derek » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:13 pm

We have a 2000 Redman with a BM36HCD fireplace. It smoked real bad and I was told by a chimney guy that the chimney is too short. My seller wants to fix it but no one can find the chimney for it. Also do all of the Marco fireplaces have a cool air intake underneath?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:38 pm

All fireplaces for manufactured homes have the fresh air intake on the bottom...A smoking fireplace is usually caused by a too short chimney..When properly installed the chimney should be about 1 foot above the highest peak of the roof...Zero clearance fireplace chimneys should be available at your local manufactured home parts store or any store that sells fireplaces...Check the parts store on this web site..Have you read the post here from 12/22/05 it is 3 above this one...

cathymanteno

Post by cathymanteno » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:04 am

My parents purchased a Shult Manufactured Home in 2003 that was a model home since 1999. They have a Marco Fireplace which they have never used because the very first winter and every winter since then, especially on windy days .....water leaks down the front of the fireplace !!! They have had the Shult peole and the fixer people where they live come out 7 times and do things like caulk the chimney , add more caulk, add roofing shingles, etc. BUT nothing works. I moved here frecently and got involved. The booklet on the fireplace itself had been in the fireplace when they moved in and they didn't inspect it before they bought the place BUT the booklet noticabley had been wet and dried several times (since 1999 I suspect). They do not know where to turn next. I read that there is supposed to be a part to block the air intake when not in use (no parts seen....a kit it said) What can we do ?? any body got any ideas ??? HELP ???? Like I said they have never been able to even think about getting the stuff they would need to make the fireplace work (gas or wood) bacause of this problem. And with all this leaking they wonder what other damage there is ?? Could it be an insulation problem in the chimney ?? Could it be they need this missing "kit" ??

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:45 pm

It is hard to tell what is going wrong without seeing the problem. But apparently the roof is leaking around or inline with the fireplace stack.

It is possible that the leak is above the fireplace stack... in the direction of the peak... that a tiny leak is permitting water to enter and the water then is working its way down the inside of the roof (most of the time it will follow a rafter) 'till it gets to the fireplace stack where it hits the stack and drips down.

Your best bet is to bring in a local reputable roof contractor and let them asses and repair the problem. The longer you let this continue, depending on folks that have so far been unable to figure out what's going on, the worse the water damage will be.

Talk to the neighbors, check out the local phone directory, http://www.angieslist.com and local home service oriented web sites and get someone that understands roof systems on the problems ASAP
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

yardsailer

Post by yardsailer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:07 pm

does anyone know if the lever is supposed to be up or down to allow the air draft.

tahoe

Post by tahoe » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:24 am

i have had trouble figuring that out also. it is the draw for air as our house is on a full basement and i can see where the intake is. i have found that when the lever is in the up position and the fireplace doors are closed the fire does intesify, so i would say that the up position is what you want to draw the air. whenever i light a fire i leave the doors closed to get it going. since our blower is noisy and it usually blows dust and ash out (no matter how much we shop vac it out) we usually just close the sreen and let the fire heat the room.

cbjefe

Post by cbjefe » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I recently bought a home with a Marco Fireplace and I'm hoping someone can help
with a question about the fans. I have power at the receptacle that feeds the fans and I checked the switch for continuity and everything is good but the fans will not come one. Do I have to have a fire going for the fans to work? I don't remember seeing a thermostat unless it is built into the motor. Thanks for any help you can provide.