need any information about champion homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
paul

need any information about champion homes

Post by paul » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:28 pm

i'm considering buying a new champion double wide home and would like any information, good or bad, that any of you might have that will help in making my decision. im between a franklin and a champion home.

thanks
paul

Eugene

Re: need any information about champion homes

Post by Eugene » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:04 am

If you are considering a franklin, you must be in the south. Champion is really huge, but basically, they do a good job. Franklin, used to be bad, they built a great looking home, but did not have any clue about quality. however that was a few years ago and I haven't seen them for a while.
Find out which Champion plant built the home you are thinking about. If it is Henry TN, then run the other way, but most other Champion plants are pretty good.

Paula

Post by Paula » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:31 am

I live in North Alabama and have been looking at mobile homes for awhile now. I've looked at a half dozen different dealers, and 5 of 6 dealers said Franklin Homes are the best and these dealers didn't carry Franklin so they had nothing to gain by saying this. There are many mobile home manufacturers within about 60 miles.......Chandlier, Indies, Southern Energy, Southern Estates, Deer Valley are some and still they said Franklin are the best built.

budonson

Post by budonson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:48 am

I know this thread is several years old now but we are currently looking at Franklin Homes. We have visited the facility and taken a tour. We were very impressed with the quality of materials used and the way the homes are built. We are having trouble trying to figure out which is the better route to go - on or off frame modular? Any advise would be appreciated. Also, any input from current Franklin Homes buyers would be nice. Thanks

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:45 am

See the postings Differences in on frame and off frame modulars for a better understanding.

Enter "Franklin" in the sesarch field at the top of the page. For a range of experience with that brand
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

lilbit

Post by lilbit » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:13 am

i have a 2001 champion chandelier 28x56. i and found it was priced reasonable!have had no problems.