Update on state claim filed

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Kelly

Update on state claim filed

Post by Kelly » Mon May 23, 2005 6:54 pm

Just an update on what's going on in my world. We filed our claim with the state and they gave the dealer and Manufacturer 30 days to respond. After 2 wks we received our inspection date as both parties refused to fix problems. The inspection took place this past Wed. I have never seen anything like it. We had a rep. from the state, the owner of the dealership and the OWNER of Franklin Homes as well as the service manager of Franklin Homes, my husband and myself. There was alot of arguing brtween the 2 owners. We showed the state rep. everything that was wrong. I offered him a chance to look at the 600 pictures I have of the house, from what it looked like on the lot to what it looks like now. I told him it has been 114 days since the house was delibered to our land. He was shocked. He did tell us while we were talking in another room while the 2 dealers and service mgr bickered outside, that we have got alot of problems. He said although he would like to help us on everything he can only enforce according to HUD codes. He said we should have a report sometime next week. I don't remember if I wrote in my other post but he told my husband last month that he would get us our air conditioner if we would sign a piece of paper stating he didn't have to fix anything else. Of course, my husband said no way. Well, the other day after the inspection my husband asked the dealer about our AC and this is an exact quote of what he told my husband " Well, now Mark I am a Christian man and I realize that I have not handled things the way I should have but you see I am in the red on your house and we are just 2 good ol Arkansas boys and those 2 women in there(he was referring to the Franklin owner and ser. mgr who were still in the house with me) well they are not from here and that one well shes worth multi millions of dollars and they don't care about you and me and well Mark if you side with me we can get all of this taken care of. You know Mark, if you sue Franklin I will be right beside you and 100,000 to them is chump change. If you will just side with me, we can sue them and get your house fixed and pocket 50-60k". Of course my husband told him the problems with the house was not Franklin and if we sued we would be at one table and him at the other. My husband asked him once again about the AC and the dealer told us if we would encourage the state to make Franklin responsible for everything he would have us an AC that day. We have an appt with attorney on 5/25.