Checking it out--moving double-wide to land

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
rmurray

Re: Checking it out--moving double-wide to land

Post by rmurray » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:43 am

I would suggest that you talk to 1 or 2 dealers in your area and ask for referals to movers...They will know who is good...and more important..who is not..

Good Luck

B. B. Rich

Post by B. B. Rich » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:51 pm

Hi Rita,
My wife and I tried this just last fall (2003) and discovered that no one would touch this possibility in the Austin Area (Tx.) because of the financial/scam problems with the Freddy Mac (sp?) trouble. Everyone was afraid until the Feds got it all sorted out.
We finally owner financed our previous home and bought a new one for the land we had chosen. Neither of us was too crazy for this option, but after being offered much less than even market value (and of course much, much less than we owed) by even the original manufacturer (Fleetwood) we finally gave in. So far so good, but either way it is risky.
BTW: I won't buy from Fleetwood again because of this failed transaction.
Good Luck!!

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:46 pm

I am looking into putting my mobile on land I was wondering what do i have to do to get the lande ready to put the home on it. and how much does it cost to get the land ready and the transportation of the home i am currently looking for land i have found some place that look very nice. but i was wondering what do i do to get it ready for the mobile hime.

Thank you Sarah

Elliot

Lenders for a double wide

Post by Elliot » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Who knows a lender who will fund a 2000 double wide in florida with a 480 credit score? Please email me at [email protected]. thanks all

chasidy reynolds

Re: Lenders for a double wide

Post by chasidy reynolds » Mon May 01, 2006 1:26 pm

Dear Sir, I need a fair market value on a 1998 double wide home set on a permanet foundation in Elkins AR. This is for our client that is currently involved in a chapter 7 bankruptcy. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.
Sincerely
Chasidy Reynolds
Bankruptcy Department Supervisor

rmurray

Re: Lenders for a double wide

Post by rmurray » Mon May 01, 2006 9:54 pm

You can get an NADA value report on this site for a reasonable fee...You can order it at https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mhcredit/value.php This report will give an average sale value for this home...It will be home only in nature..but well be all you need for your purpose...If that permanent foundation is on real estate your client owns..the only credible value will be developed by a real estate appraiser who is familiar with the market in your area...The value of the package is far more than the individual parts added together..