Carpet cleaning?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Victorino

Carpet cleaning?

Post by Victorino » Thu May 13, 2004 7:28 am

We are new to the MF housing. Would like to know if steam cleaning carpet is ok being there is wood flooring underneath. Anything I should be carefrul about not to cause future problems?
Thanks
Diane

jgn

Re: Carpet cleaning?

Post by jgn » Fri May 14, 2004 7:05 am

Any home, site built or MH, that is set on pier and beam or has a basement has wood sub-flooring and carpets are steam cleaned all the time.The moisture that steam cleaning is not that much and drys in a few hours so there should be no problem. The problem with wood sub-flooring is when water is allowed to soak into the wood and not dry up and this would not be the case with steam or shampooing a carpet .

Christy

Post by Christy » Mon May 17, 2004 1:36 pm

You should be advised that if your mobile home is newer...you should NOT steam clean your carpet! It will break down the backing of the carpet. I found this out just in the nick of time. You have to have it dry cleaned. I have not had mine done yet so don't know much about the cost. But I do know and have confirmed that the carpeting made in the last few years by ALL manufacturers WILL break down and the backing will deteriorate. Too bad they do not stress this to us owners. Good luck, Christy

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue May 18, 2004 4:50 am

Just be careful to follow the instructions carefully...If you have NovaDeck or Cress Deck press board floors...they cannot take huge amounts of water..

I have also seen scores of homes with water stained vinyl covered sheetrock..There will be a water mark about 4 inches high around the whole room or house..almost looks like the home was in a flood...The sheetrock is like a sponge and soaks up excess water in the floor...then bleeds back through the paper covering...This is caused by excessive water...probably not following carpet cleaning equipment instructions..

joeypeter

Post by joeypeter » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:20 am

Normally, this disposes of the problem. It needs to fully dry before you turn on it. Seeing for a capable steam cleaner that can be utilized on grounds, counters, apparatuses, and so forth.