1967 Marlette single wide mobile home

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Catherine Suarez

1967 Marlette single wide mobile home

Post by Catherine Suarez » Wed Sep 06, 2000 6:32 pm

Help! can anyone give me any information on my home. i bougt it at auction and have never seen any homes with features like mine. pull out room and entrance way pull out closet in master bedroom. etc. split level kitchen, livinroom. how can i find someone to do simple repairs and maintainance. and help me enlarge 1 very!!! small bathroom. I am in maryville mo. about 100 miles from kc mo and 40 miles from st Joseph Mo.

Randy Eaton

RE: 1967 Marlette single wide mobile home

Post by Randy Eaton » Thu Sep 07, 2000 8:15 am

Catherine, I would recommend looking in the yellow pages under contractors in your area. Your home is typical of that year. To enlarge the bedroom you may need to contact your local building dept. and see if there are any permits you might need.

Randy Eaton

Terry Yazzie

RE: 1967 Marlette single wide mobile home

Post by Terry Yazzie » Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:00 pm

Catherine, I have a 1970 Marlette single wide mobile home myself I recently remodled the home myself. It's easy and inexpensive to do and you can't really find the wall paneling they used in those days so what I did was replaced the paneling with gypsum drywall and plastered it myself. Since you want to enlarge a bedroom Marlette used to screw the walls to the ceiling,floor and the sidewalls so it's easy to bring the wall down. I hope you could do it yourself or a local contractor. Another thing is that Marlette always had a very clean name and was one of the proud builders in those days and to this day. Terry Yazzie, proud owner of a Marlette home in St. Michaels, Arizona