lawsuit

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Kevin

lawsuit

Post by Kevin » Sat Sep 02, 2000 3:15 pm

my wife and I are looking to purchase a land-home deal from a dealer. I've been told that this dealer has a lawsuit against them for not sticking behind their service contract. Can anyone tell me if any manufacturers currently have lawsuits pending, and if so, which ones?

Deborah Brown

RE: lawsuit

Post by Deborah Brown » Mon Sep 18, 2000 6:18 am

I cannot help you with the lawsuit portion. I can assist you with your financing tho. Please email me the details. The company I work with has no lawsuits pending either now or in the past.
Good luck
Deborah

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones » Tue Sep 19, 2000 4:40 pm

Lawsuits similar to the one you mentioned are nearly always against a dealer rather than a manufacturer. Most manufacturers have good times and bad as far as service goes since they are governed by the talented labor available to perform services.
Generally though, dealers use local contractors to do service projects and bill back to the manufacturer.
You might check your local better business bureau and ask for info on specdific dealers.

LARRY HASWELL

Post by LARRY HASWELL » Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:57 pm

BE ADVISED THAT FLEETWOOD HOMES HAS A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM FROM THOUSANDS OF CUSTOMERS.
LARRY HASWELL
CANTON,N.C.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:13 am

Larry,

Can you tell me more regarding the lawsuit against Fleetwood Manufactured Homes. I currently own one and am extremely dissatisfied with it and would like to know what prompted the lawsuit and during what time frame it covers.