Redman homes

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Darlene

Redman homes

Post by Darlene » Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:50 pm

My husband and I are looking at a 28x52 2000 Redman southwind.I have been searching the net for some info on this manufacture but haven't been to lucky.It was lived in very briefly and the seller doesn't have any info on it.

Keith

RE: Redman homes

Post by Keith » Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:59 pm

Darlene,
Don't do it. We bought a Redman 2001 32x76. We are not pleased with the quality in it. It was just slapped together without regard to straight lines or any sign of quality. The ceramic tiles on the edges of the kitchen counters were just glued on with hot glue. Some of the cabinets were not completely nailed on to the wall. The warranty repairman was up here 3 days and barely finished the kitchen. If we had it to do over again, I would do more research and listen to what everybody had to say on this website.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:10 pm

Redmanhomes is now owened by Champion Homes the largest in the world Redman has several different plants. I've heard the Penn. plant is not good inquality but the five plants in Goshen Ind.are great! your posting said nothing about whrere the home was built . Also Redman has several differnt lines I believe Keith probably bought the lowest line. The main thing is your DEALER!

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Sat Jan 27, 2001 11:13 am

Bob is right, always research the DEALER! Some dealers take a discount on the home from the manufacturer and then take care of the service work themselves. The quality of service work these days is pretty sad. Ask for references and check them out.

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Jan 29, 2001 9:08 pm

We bought a Redman manufactured in York, Nebraska. Yes it is cheaply made and no it wasn't like the lot model . Bruce is right. Check out the dealer. We deal with the factory and bypass the dealer. I still would not recommend a Redman home to anybody.