Any buying ideas for NC

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Gene

Any buying ideas for NC

Post by Gene » Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:00 pm

HI, We live in NC and are in the market for a new or used singlewide and would like to have comments on the dealers we have available here in NC. I know we have Oakwood, Fleetwood, Champion, Palm Harbor, Liberty, Clayton, and a few others that are built here. Which ones are good. We are retired and this will be our last purchase.

PHIL

RE: Any buying ideas for NC

Post by PHIL » Sun Jan 07, 2001 3:49 pm

Gene i am a production manager with 32 years in this industry ten of those years on the retail end. It has been my experiance that in most cases it's the dealer that makes the biggest difference in weather you will be a happy customer or not.While all the manufacturers you mentioned are good ones i hope you will look at our product as well Commodore homes of Va. We have dealers thru-out NC.if you will email me i will be happy to name some close to your location.the last thing you should do before purchasing is check with the NC dept. of insurance which is the saa. that controls manufactured home compiants in the state on NC.ask about the dealer,set up contractor,and the manufacturer.DO YOUR RESEARCH!