2 STORY HOMES

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Mark

2 STORY HOMES

Post by Mark » Sat Oct 28, 2000 10:23 am

Hello,

My wife and I have a lot already & want to look into manufactured housing as an alternative to traditional housing because of cost & time considerations. Most of the web sites I am seeing are mobile homes or trailer type housing. I want a fairly sophisticated model with alot of options. We want a two story model that will have at least three bedrooms and two and a half baths. We will be moving to central part of Florida on the east coast. We need to conform to a property owners mandate that the home be in the "old Florida style housing". Can anyone out there point us to some manufacters out there that have the needed expertise?

Thanks,
Mark

Jon DeTora

RE: 2 STORY HOMES

Post by Jon DeTora » Sun Oct 29, 2000 3:05 pm

Mark:
Without going into a lengthy discussion, allow me to simply say you are looking under the wrong designation. Try searching the web for "modular" housing or homes. These homes are customizable and can be two, three or more stories. Many manufacturers today will build a modular home according to your floor plans and elevations. Give it a try.

Todd

RE: 2 STORY HOMES

Post by Todd » Mon Oct 30, 2000 2:25 pm

I'm not too fond of the looks but check out www.silvercrest.com and click on "model homes", they offer 2 story manufactured homes and if they are built like their one story homes they should be high quality.

Todd