What can I do about strict park rules?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Twan408

What can I do about strict park rules?

Post by Twan408 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:25 pm

My partner and I have finally found the mobile home we would like to move into. We are now 3/4 of the way through the escrow and have finally had a chance to review the park rules. The park does not allow us to walk our dog on premises, and we are not allowed to work on our car in any way on the driveway. Our dog is a cattle dog and requires exercise and stimulation every day, he is also registered as an ESA. If we have to drive twice a day to exercise him, it will be a huge strain on our time. Also, I am in the process of starting a business where I renovate vans into campers to rent/sell. I currently have a van that is parked at my parents and I commute from our apartment to work on it. One of the major reasons for moving to a mobile home was to set up my workshop in the shed and be able to work on my vehicle in the driveway. Is there anything I can do to bring this to my manager's attention so I can continue to work on my business? How strictly are these kinds of rules usually enforced? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.