Need Help: Soil Banked Around Hardi Board Siding

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
NBart

Need Help: Soil Banked Around Hardi Board Siding

Post by NBart » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 am

Trying to figure out what if anything I need to do. Recently purchased a Clayton Manufactured home. It is installed by a resort on a rented lot. The skirting is 8” Hardi siding over treated 2X4’s. They banked a reddish stabilized sand about six inches up from the vapor barrier and then another couple of inches of top soil and sod. It is in direct contact with the siding with no moisture barrier. The resort is doing all of these this way. I sure don’t like it but thought I would ask others for their opinion and advices. I have been considering digging it out and putting Sackcrete from the moisture barrier up a few inches on the siding and the putting 30# roof felt on top of that and up the rest of the way against the siding to the surface of the grade. Then would back fill and probably lay some concrete pavers next to the siding to keep the grass away. Should I just leave this alone and just replace the sod with pavers next to the siding as a barrier? Just would like some thoughts here. Resort thinks these installations are perfectly fine. City has permitted it. Attaching a photo.