Land and single home

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Breidall56

Land and single home

Post by Breidall56 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:02 pm

So I have been renting a mobile home on about an acre for the last 3 years.. The trailer will not make another winter and needs to be replaced,, I do all the fixing myself, I am pretty good friends with the landlord. I love the location and really want to be there for the foreseeable future.. The land is part of a pasture but is about an acre fenced off where I live. I wanna buy that little acre of land and move a new mobile home or modular or something nicer.. I live in Southeast Minnesota.. My question is; how would I go about this.. Just talk to my landlord more? And are home manufacturing places the only or best option for the purchase. Just kinda wanna get this rolling.
Thanks

aprosier

Re: Land and single home

Post by aprosier » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:29 am

I am in a similar situation. I am trying to buy the land that I currently live on and replace the current home with a new manufactured home. I have been approved for a perm loan but the issue I have is that the manufacturer requires a construction loan before I can order and they build. I am trying to find out if there are any construction loans I can get that will allow me to order my home? Didn't realize this would turn into such a headache

Jerry Triplewide

Re: Land and single home

Post by Jerry Triplewide » Sat May 06, 2017 8:09 pm

The process is called "subdividing", and you would need your landlord to go through that (requires a survey and some other things) before they could convey the new separate title to you. The process could be more complicated if the landlord has a mortgage.