Installing large 1927 Skinner organ

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
LarryFX1

Re: Installing large 1927 Skinner organ

Post by LarryFX1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi, I have a 3 manual Allen ADC6000 organ ( 475lbs ) in one end of my living room and the 7 speaker cabinets ( 80lbs each ) along one wall. I also have a large 3 manual Yamaha FX1 organ ( 560lbs ) in the other end of the same room along with its two speaker cabinets ( 350lbs each ) along another wall.

I also was worried that this all may be too much weight for the double wide that I have, but so far there have been no issues or problems of any sort.

I would be really interested in knowing / seeing how you manage to fit a 4 manual pipe organ in a mobile home of any size . There are Many windchests and Lots of pipes ( and some really large ones as well - I'm sure you realize that ! ) and I just cant see how that will all fit. Unless of course you consider your place to be a home for the organ first, and you secondarily. LOL I know that sentiment well.

Congrats on saving a Skinner organ - they are real gems. Beautiful romantic style voicing and wonderful orchestral stops.

This is my first post here ( I signed up just to reply to you ) and I will attempt to attach a photo of my Allen. Ah, my photo is too large in size. I don't feel like resizing them tonight, so just PM me if you want to see my organ photos

Best regards, Larry