PALM HARBOR Roof Problem! Anyone?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
houstexman2014

PALM HARBOR Roof Problem! Anyone?

Post by houstexman2014 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:14 pm

I bought a used 2004 Palm Harbor Mobile home. It was owned by an elderly lady that just passed away and it was well cared and barely used inside. It was like brand new when i bought it. It was 4 years old then.

2 years ago, i was having lots of staining on the ceiling , signs of a roof leak. I went to check and it was several soft spot on the roof decking.. cdeck is sagging in several spots. we always sweep the leaves up there when it starts to build up so i see no reason why im having this much problems on it.

I didnt see no holes or anything that will make me think roof is leaking.

6 moths later my ceiling fell and it was rot and the roof decking is all soft and crumbling. I took some of the material and the roofing felt Palm Harbor used is just like a paper. I was so upset that somebody will use such materials for felt. Its not even acceptable for a doll house to use such paper.

Now my roof repair is $2500 and the damage on the ceiling is more.The rafters they used are 2x2 . this is completely unacceptable!! 2X2 rafters and paper felts... this is beyond poor material.

Anyone here had problem with Palm Harbor roofing. Please contact me and I'm trying to see if we can have a legal remedy for this Maybe 2 or 3 person file class action lawsuit and they will pay for repairs and stop this crappy construction they are doing. This is not right!

my contact is Joel **2eight1-3zero3-97four8 ** text me please. Im from Houston, Tx

tags: palm harbor roof leak palm harbor roof problem class action lawsuit