Champion Dutch?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Robin

Champion Dutch?

Post by Robin » Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:19 am

Well, I'm downsizing too. Looking for a manufactured home to place on foundation....land home package deal. I've owened a Fairmont Shannon Single Wide with an expando in the 80's. Loved it, and now we have sold our stick built home and planning to go to a double wide manufactured home. We are in Michigan near the Metro Detroit Area. I've read much here on what manufactureres to stay away from....so what do you think about the Champion Dutch Models? I would certainly I would buy an upgraded model. However, I want quality construction. What I've read here almost makes me want to buy a home in another State! Do you have any recommendations for manufacturers who service Michigan? Companies with good service and quality construction?

A quick resposne is appreciated......we close on our current house in January 2001.

Sincerely,

Robin

Terry

RE: Champion Dutch?

Post by Terry » Thu Dec 28, 2000 5:46 pm

Robin, Check out the Fallcreek Homes. These homes are built from Elkhart, Indiana and is better built than the Champion homes. Champion builds in mass production you wouldn't want that kind of builder to build your home, and they use cheap materials in their homes. Fallcreek homes uses the state of the art building process and use only quality materials in their homes they don't race your home thru the factory either. Their double wide homes even look site built than other manufactured homes. Good luck.

Robin

RE: Champion Dutch?

Post by Robin » Sun Dec 31, 2000 11:26 am

Thanks so much for your response! I saw the Fallcreek web site.... Very Informative. I'll be search for a dealer in the Michigan area for certain. Unless they'll let me order factory direct. Just drove by our old single wide this week. It's still standing, LOL. However, I saw another roof cave in deeper in the sub. (you owned your own properties on third acre lots) Older home, like early 60's I sure. Too bad I didn't note the brand. ;) Well, we are still searching for property. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks again,
Robin