Putting replacement windows in a 1964 trailor?

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Cheryl

Putting replacement windows in a 1964 trailor?

Post by Cheryl » Fri Aug 16, 2002 7:04 pm

We just brought this Home it has been redone from Sheet Rock & insulation. We had to remove the carpet and replace it.Clean it and Paint.This trailor is in Great shape on the outside. We did Paint it and redone the deck. But we are at a loss on the Windows? It needs windows bad!! We are having New peplacement windows to be installed in 6 to 8 weeks (the time it takes to make them). My Question is the cost for these are far from cheap!!! Are we doing the right thing by investing in them? Will this raise the value of the Trailor?
We still have alot of little things to do to it too.And some bigger things like a new bath tub & shower. But all in all it is really a nice Trailor for it's age!!
I would like to know if anyone as any Info on this Trailor it is 1964 Piedmont or so the tag by the door says, Lake City Fla and it is BHM approved?
Any Info would be helpfull. Thank You Cheryl

rmurray

Re: Putting replacement windows in a 1964 trailor?

Post by rmurray » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:20 am

WOW...Obviously this home is in a good location...The only value that it has now is the location and the condition...The windows should be considered for your convenience...not a recoverable resale item...Many home improvement fall into the catogory...

Buy the way...your home would have sold new for about $ 1800 +/- 200...Looks like it has served all well...

Good Luck with the home..

Ewaan

Re: Putting replacement windows in a 1964 trailor?

Post by Ewaan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:44 am

me company I roofing repair and we also provide services. I want to link my roof replacement Annandale Va business, all member and admin i request you..