Fireplace (Marco)# 793410

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Ester

Fireplace (Marco)# 793410

Post by Ester » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:11 pm

I have a 1997 manufactured home I never used the fireplace.And decided to used it this year but from reading the comments I'm afraid to try it. Is it safe to use this fireplace of or if it just for show. I paid 1200.00 or more just to have this fireplace included in my home. Any help will be helpful thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: Fireplace (Marco)# 793410

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:42 am

If it has been 14 years since you purchased the home and never used the the fireplace I would want to have a chimney sweep to clean the chimney pipe and check that the pipe and roof cap are still connected property and in good condition.

Your fireplace was designed to burn hard woods like oak- ask the sweep where to find and what type of local wood produces the best heat. You want to avoid soft woods - like pine - as they leave a deposit on the chimney that can cause a fire.

You will find that fireplace to be a wonderful feature that will change the entire feeling and mood in your home on cold winter nights.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]