Lot Rent under $150 per Month?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
danedon

Lot Rent under $150 per Month?

Post by danedon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 pm

Is it possible to find 55+ Community MH Parks in Florida with lot rents under $150 per month?

admin

Re: Lot Rent under $150 per Month?

Post by admin » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:18 am

According to JLT and Associates summary of their May 2006 Florida Region Manufactured Home Community rent surveys.

Average adjusted rents (rents after deducting services) in the “55+” communities increased 6.9% from $310 to $332 per month. Most communities include some service(s) such as water, sewer, trash removal, lawn mowing and/or cable TV in the monthly rent.

You can find rent in the range your thinking about inland but probably not in the more popular beach locations. The cost of services and real-estate taxes have been exploding across Florida for the past several years.

Try Dogwood Acres in Ocala, Marion County, Central Florida's Most Affordable Seniors Community (352) 237-3283
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

danedon

Post by danedon » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:10 pm

I'm curious as to just what ROC and Land Lease mean. I've seen some classified Ads that have this in them and it mentions something about $125 monthly Maint. Fee or even as low as $85 monthly maint. fee includes water/sewer/trash/mowing/cable tv.

aries

Post by aries » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi:

There are some 55+ parks that still allow you to own the land that the home sits on. Some are sold as "shares" in the park. Some are left over from previous "resident owned" parks that are currently being converted to land lease were you can only own the home and must rent or lease the lot.

Sunlake Estates in Grand Island, Florida is one such community.

The current Homeowner Association Fee is $ 120.00 per month. It does not include your electricity or lawn maintence however. It does include water and garbage pickup. Currently, we pay a young man $ 50.00 per month for basic lawn maintence. Still, it's pretty inexpensive compared to the typical $ 300.00 to $ 370.00 rental fee from Sunlake Estates, Grand Island, Florida.

If you would like more information on this particular community, please let me know.

Faith Martin

danedon

Post by danedon » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:30 pm

Thanks for the information. Now if there are resales for approx $30K or below with that monthly fee, then I believe we can afford to be snowbirds.