Who builds log cabin look-alikes?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Tish

Who builds log cabin look-alikes?

Post by Tish » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:35 am

I've seen some pics of great looking MH's with log (or log look-alike) exteriors. I understand that Palm Harbor offers a log exterior but only in limited areas. Are there any other MH manufacturers that offer the log cabin look? Any pro's or cons on this type of exterior? I don't even know if it is real wood or simulated. Any feedback on problems such as warping, water damage, termites, etc.? I would think such an exterior treatment would add value to the home and remove it from the typical, boxy, "mobile home." Does anyone know if it is more cost effective to stucco a MH rather than opt for the log exterior? I do not want vinyl siding which seems to be the protocol in Florida. Would appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.

LindaOz

Re: Who builds log cabin look-alikes?

Post by LindaOz » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:58 pm

Tish,

I know Clayton has at least one on their Web site:

http://www.claytonhomes.com/

Linda

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:25 am

In FL..Palm Harbor offers HardiPlank (horizontal lap siding look) and HardiSiding (verticle t-111 look). exterior...this is a concrete product and looks really nice...

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:25 pm

I swear by the Hardi stuff. We thought we wanted half-log siding, but it was $5K more (on a triple) and I would have had to maintain it. Here in Oregon, L-P Inner Seal (Oriented Strand Board) wasn't well made, and failed. Hardi-Plank seemed to be the best replacements (50-year warranty too.).

timothy

light brown spots

Post by timothy » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:13 pm

I have a 1998 clayton manf. home an throught my home light brown stops are appearing on my sheetrock wall ;and Iwould like to know what the problem is.thank you.

Faye

Re: Log Cabin Look-a-Likes

Post by Faye » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Check out the Modulog.com website. I know nothing about this product first hand, I just stumbled across it one day. Looks nice in the photos.