How long does it take from order to installation?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Jae Jeong

How long does it take from order to installation?

Post by Jae Jeong » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:35 pm

I am curious about entire process time of Manufactured Housing .
Can I know how long did it take from order to finishing set-up especially for multi-section homes?
Usually how long does it take from making order to factory until they arrived in home site. After that how long does it take to install, set-up, finishes?
For example, I am a new homebuyer, if I signed purchase agreement, how soon can I move in new manufactured housing?
Please give me a specific explanation as detail as possible.
I will really appreciate that.
Thanks,

rmurray

Re: How long does it take from order to installation?

Post by rmurray » Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:12 am

Finance method can make a big difference here...

Sign purchase agreement..

Finance approval...2 days to 3 weeks depending on the type of finance..

Appraisal and title search for mortgage finance...2 to 3 weeks..

Factory building time..varys with the back log at the plant...1 week to 4 weeks...

A good dealer will be taking care of land prep and construction close during this time...if not add 1 week for land prep..

Set up to completion depends on the amount of site improvements required and the number of inspections...2 weeks to 3 weeks..

Final move in might still be delay depending on the type of finance...If there was a construction loan..you can move in as soon as final county inspection is done...if not..you will still need final lender inspection and closing of the loan which can add 2 more weeks..

Concluesion....a cash sale ordered from the plant with no site improvements and little site prep (such as placing in a park) can happen as fast as 2 weeks...

A complicated finance sale..say FHA or VA..with lots of site prep and improvements could easily take 3 months..

lou

Post by lou » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:07 am

i ordered my home the last week of jun, it arrived 4 sep, and we still have not moved in. they are still working on the inside, electric "should be' turned on today, the concrete for the blocking has not been poured yet, so no blocking yet, no stairs yet, no checking to see if there are leaks yet, (due to no electric yet), still have these things to do, va appraisal, cert of occupancy, closing. so i dont expect to be in for a couple more weeks. this is rediculous(sp?)

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:38 am

(sp?)

I must have missed a few spelling tests in grade school myself...Also my typing skills leave a lot to be desired...I found this FREE utility that is really nice for this purpose...

E-mail spell checker...Word's spell checkers all work great...but not on boards like these without lots of work...

This free spell checker integrates with your browser and works great on sites like this..

Go to.. http://www.iespell.com/