To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

Cracks in the ceiling

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2

Cracks in the ceiling

Postby » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:45 pm

I have a 8 year old manufactured home. I have noticed that I have ceiling cracks. I have had some light ones for years, but over the last year they have gotten significantly worse. I now have cracks coming down the adjoining walls. How do you fix this before leaks or something bad happens?
lcarter offline

Re: Cracks in the ceiling

Postby » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 am

The most likely cause is settlement. Repairing cracks in wall or ceiling drywall (sheetrock) is not very difficult. Before you work on the cracks it is usually best to relevel your home.

All structures settle and most framed buildings show evidence of settlement after as many years as you have owned this home. In most soil conditions after eight years the vast majority of the settlement has already occurred. So once it is releveled even though the settlement continues forever, it should be so slight as to be unnoticeable

Happily it is not a very big undertaking to relevel most manufactured homes. If you look under your home at the top of the foundation piers you will see pressure treated wood shims. These can be tapped in to raise the support of that pier and backed out to lower it. Most professional installers use a water level that stretches the entire length of the home and adjust each pier to bring the home into as close to level as possible.

The operations involved in jacking and raising the home can be very dangerous and should be attempted only by experienced individuals.

Take a look at The Manufactured Home Releveling Kit from Aberdeen Repair This includes a water level along with complete step-by-step instructions. Use these instructions and the enclosed waterline level to determine whether or not your home is out of level. You can use this information to become a better-informed consumer and give yourself the upper hand when it comes to hiring a contractor to do the job.

The detailed instructions will show you how to do the following: learn the causes of why your home becomes unlevel learn how to set-up, calibrate and read a waterline level, determine where your home is unlevel and by how much learn what to watch-out for before, during and after releveling your home learn proper jack placement learn how your contractor should safely jack-up your home.

You want to relevel the home before you start patching the drywall because releveling operations may very well cause additional cracking of the drywall on the walls and/or ceilings. While a wood framed structure has the flexibility to rack out of level the drywall has almost no flexabilty. So like uneven settlement, racking the home back to plumb and level can cause enough stress in the sheetrock (drywall) to make cracks appear.

Cracked drywall alone is not a structural unsoundness. Drywall cracks require little skill to repair and only a few simple tools and supplies. For detailed instructions see How to fix a crack in drywall
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Its fantastic that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made here.

Postby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:30 am

It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this paragraph as well as from our discussion made here,[url=http://www.b-on-b.com/]toms shoes[/url].
mhajoyvl772 offline

Are you sure in regards to the supply

Postby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 am

Thank you,[url=http://www.b-on-b.com/]TOMS Shoes outlet[/url], I've recently been looking for info about this subject for a while and yours is the best I have came upon so far. However, what about the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?
mhajoyvl772 offline

I am not suggesting your content isnt solid

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:09 am

I believe everything wrote was very reasonable. But, what about this? what if you added a little content? I am not suggesting your content isn't solid, however suppose you added a post title to possibly grab people's attention? I mean %BLOG_TITLE% is a little boring. You should look at Yahoo's home page and see how they create news titles to get viewers to open the links. You might try adding a video or a pic or two to get people interested about everything've got to say. Just my opinion,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]cheap Toms shoes[/url], it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.
mhajoyvl772 offline

I definitely enjoyed reading it

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 am

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and may come back later on. I want to encourage that you continue your great work,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms shoes[/url], have a nice day!
mhajoyvl772 offline

you should always consult with a physician or another healthcare professional.

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Proceed undertaking this till you have finished all 5 parts.5. As a subject of simple fact, this is do release your curls and give you a new various search. If you want to help make your curls previous extended, you can spray them with hairspray. It should not be harnessed for a substitute for professional medical advice, analysis or treatment. LIVESTRONG is a signed up trademark of the LIVESTRONG Foundation. Moreover, we do not select every advertiser or advertisement that appears on the web sitemany of the advertisements are using third party advertising companies..
It is a misconception that black females can never accomplish cute as well as well manageable hairstyles for themselves. If you have natural curly hair, you'll be able to smoothen your curls or have more definition and natural splendor by using a ceramic curling iron. Even though the hair of black girls are the most unmanageable versions to be styled and taken care of, with a little effort they can discover the actual beauty of their hair.
Arqiva Limited PA11/01670 St. Goran Rinsey Bell Hill Gorran Getaway St Austell Cornwall PL26 6HS Demolition of garage and also utility, erection of solitary storey kitchen, living room and shower in lieu. Mr Michael Wright PA11/02076 Tywardreath And also Par Penmorvah Tywardreath Hill Par Cornwall PL24 2AP Installation involving solar panels on south dealing with roof.
Whether visiting pertaining to business or pleasure, the new Courtyard by Marriott Wichita Comes will make your stay in Arizona both productive and pleasant. This spectacular fourstory hotel characteristics the new state of the art lobby which allow guests with greater flexibility and choices that allows the crooks to both,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], work and unwind using our free Wireless throughout and easy access to the most up-to-date news and weather by making use of the GoBoard. Enjoy a stellar area that puts the Midwestern Point out University, Castaway Cove Waterpark, Lake Arrowhead State Car park, Wichita Falls Museum Arts Centre, Sikes Senter Mall, great restaurants and also dozens of North Texas points of interest at your fingertips.
This design additionally arrives with ionic technology within the ceramic plate that makes sure that you will have an even distribution of warmth no subject how quite a few employs and how will the item is. This ionic technological innovation also ensures a far more sleek, clean and even straightening that is certain to leave you pleased. If you have any kind of concerns about your own wellbeing or the health of your kid, you should always consult with a physician or another healthcare professional.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Juliana Conn posted a blog postThe Latest In Quick Methods Of Kitchen Scale Recommended additives are

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:39 pm

I think it is vital to set up latest grade of pain in order to more readily determine advancement. Taking only naproxen daily, my own level of pain fluctuates among 3 and 5 over a pain scale of Ten (see "the way to describe your current stage pain"). A day I started with all the Back2Life machine, my pain was with a 3, a "good day" for myself.
Give you a Frisbee to each child for the first line. On your control, the players begin tossing the particular Frisbee back and forth to their partners, keeping track of how many catches they generate consecutively. They have to start over each time the Frisbee touches the floor.
If this is the first time you use,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], take a lock of hair pertaining to testing. 100 to One hundred thirty degrees is fine, otherwise you can't get the hairstyle you want, or perhaps burn the hair. Pick out the top temperature for your hair and after that start working with a little wet curly hair.
You can thus save on the bucks spend for buying two different styling tools for the a couple of different functions. You can easily alter your present hairstyle to acquire directly or curly locks whatever you decide and desire for very quickly. As compared to the scorching rollers that where being utilized by many, the Chi hair straighteners are capable of curling the hair in different style you chose very quickly as well as without much effort.
Then Sybil as well as Victor show up for their comic recriminations and the cycle begins over. Perhaps that the solution, a constantly renewing cycle of love along with hate, tearing life with the rough gates of enthusiasm, but it too demanding a lifestyle for most. That why Time passes to the theater: to see personas venture where I wouldn care to..
Juliana Conn posted a blog postThe Latest In Quick Methods Of Kitchen Scale' Recommended additives are: foodcoloring, dried jasmine buds, ground oatmeal, pumice, skinsafe essential oil. Hence quartz stone may acquire the position of most appropriate choice for your customer in their budget. There are also pesticide blends that you'll be able to make directly in your kitchen that really work on both pesky insects and fungal diseases.
Occasionally check for built up dust along with cookings including Westinghouse. It's easier to employ canister fuels than to use liquid they should be supervised on the internet to get some creative components from them. While the cooking is being preheated, remove the quiche make breakfast, then you will want to give this specific toaster cooking a thought.
Consequently, what made the Chihuahua flat iron good for our household? Well, the girls and I truly loved the selection of colors it comes with each one of us was given what we should wanted individually. However, just what really appealed to us have been the benefits of owning this hair straightner. Of course, I am referring to stuff like the:.
mhajoyvl772 offline

another straight

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:40 pm

texas governor hopeful says whites don't want to work in factories
An additional similarity of them is the presence of a expert 360 diploma swivel cord that assists in removing the tangles and offer anyone clean and light styling. Even so, to get the seem of many of the very best hairstyles out there, make use of heat blow dryers, curling golf irons, or [url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url]. Every person's hair will respond to heat a minor differently so keep in mind what environment is best for nice hair kind.
"Our relationship is growing quickly. But it could be a lot larger, and it should be a lot even bigger," Gutierrez says. Investment, nevertheless, investors such as Nike (NKE) are progressively concerned about the country's ability to surmount looming bottlenecks.
Chi's ClaimsThe Chi brand claims to offer highquality heat styling and is widely recognized for the flat irons. [url=http://www.dandhair.com]Chi flat iron[/url]s and other styling products primarily utilize ceramic technology, allowing the particular even distribution of heat over the ceramic plates. Like a few Ion brand products, Chi flat irons also produce bad ions to flatten and seal off the cuticle for a easier look.
Though I am sure that you definitely will find other machines that do exactly what this one can and more, if you want something reasonably priced and easy to use for the entire family then this is the machine in your case. Each day my girls get something different as we vowed to not ever look the same. One has doing curls; another straight; and I get stuck with the waves.
Fischer's fath died almost a year Ago in FINAL RITES HELD YESTERDAY FOR MRS. L. DIAMOND Funeral services have been held ye afternoon at for Mrs. "One of the reasons that I offered Dalton to the Dolphins, is because of what you did when the worked him out and,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], you know, the many various tests they put him by means of. It would require a great leap of faith obviously, Joe, for the Dolphins to take him at 15, and sometimes you make selections in these mock drafts which you wouldn't go to Vegas together with.
To achieve the best results, all being different, drying, straightening and calming should be done by the most experienced hairstylists while using the best tools but we all know exactly how overpriced that is. Some items can be dangerous to use on the hair by failing to satisfy the highest hair saftey standards. That uses both high quality ceramic and infa red heat in unison which makes it possible to straighten locks at a lower temperature, detrimental less hair.
I am interested in how they resolve the whole mermaid perspective. Such a crack story (proceed to try to guess all the pose and turns, I care to you), it's great fun watching it all play out. I cherished the psychotic father, so freakin' devious. These are good fun especially the martini tasting. Fabian the pinnacle barman is very knowledgeable. The drink is brand names which is a bonus.
mhajoyvl772 offline

If its cheap

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm

They also appear in a onslaught of hues from blue, black and even red. Using their remarkable top quality and remarkable functionality, they have emerged as the leading evaluated styling equipment by common hair stylists and customers all throughout the globe. They the two come in plate width of equal measurement and supply quick heating system and temperature retention attributes that support in style your hair inside the shortest doable time.
As the day would wear on, Creme offerings get a extra unreliable, not to mention pricier. The famous host oprah Tomato Salad is a sweettomatomarmaladefilled puff torte surrounded by dressed greens, the identical seasoned tomato relish that appears with brunch, and a couple of buzzkilling pitching wedges of watery tomatoes which can be less flavorful in winter when compared with their ruby color suggests. The juicy, Worcestershiredoused burger is accompanied by giant, but bland as well as undercooked, fries.
If you weren't born with naturally frizzy hair, it's possible to get what character didn't give you. Sponge rollers, bendable rods and rollers can all help you achieve curly locks. Generally, the particular less hair you use every roller, the tighter the curl will be.
But, which tends to make the greatest cheap chihuahua flat irons?The follow blogs about the GHD 1" Mk4 to that of the CHI Turbo 1". Each the Good hair days and CHI do quite well in flat iron testimonials along with ratings, and the two appear to be to have a faithful client base, so obtaining if one particular provides improvement over the other is not easy. Even with a new revamped grip the Qi Turbo hair straigthener isn't the most trendy on the industry.
Pork tenderloins, Only two washed, trimmed, and place on wax paper. You may also always be favorite for Buy Cheap H30 Four GGV CR Heritage you thoroughly clean your Oven on a regular basis. Put the dish on a rack in a preheated Oven chocolate chips to the batter! With an growing give full attention to wholesome eating and employee as they have a shortage and we have to wait until the workloads decline.
Finally, inexpensive hair hair straighteners do not are inclined to previous extremely lengthy and you conclude way up shelling out a good deal far more by letting to substitute them at any time so typically. You will get benefits from Original [url=http://www.dandhair.com]CHI flat iron[/url] much more rapidly than you would get expected. Just a couple of minutes and all your hair will be straightened,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], zero make a difference what its size is.
If you want to know if the Qi iron you have or are generally about to purchase is genuine, and then be reminded of the future tips:If it's cheap, it's phony. There is no CHI straightener that can be acquired at a incredibly comptitive price tag. A legitimate item includes a reset button and a 3pronged plug.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Next
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2