adding a porch to a double wide

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
veehall

adding a porch to a double wide

Post by veehall » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 pm

Thank you for still having this forum...five years ago when I purchased my 24 x80 double wide your forum assisted me in making a wise choice that I made. I am very happy with this home.

My new request for help or ideas is as follows: I am building a porch on the front of my house. Which would be wiser the porch with a shed roof or a gable? My home does not have that little gable look on the front. I don't know which would be the best route to go. The porch will be 30 ft length x 10 ft in width 8ft in height. Please give the pros and cons on the gable roof and the shed roof.

Thank you in advance for all you ideas.

Vee

PS If you need additional info to help me, please post your question and I will be waiting for an answer.

David Oxhandler

Re: adding a porch to a double wide

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:31 am

The best plan in most cases is to follow the exisiting roof line... you will have to determin in advance if that will leave enough head room. The fewer vallies and change of slopes the easier is is for rain water to flow off of the roof.

Take a look at:

Porches, Decks, and Awnings (And the like) by George Porter   Adding on to your manufactured home at MobileHomeRepair.com. Consider the book that covers all facets of manufactured home repair and renovation, The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade
David Oxhandler
[email protected]