wall anchors

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
paintnut

wall anchors

Post by paintnut » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:17 pm

I have a hard time hanging things in my 1998 fleetwood 14x80. the wall board seems thin so when I use a wall anchor it doesn't hold well. I try to find a stud whenever possible, but it's not always possible. I need to hand a corner cabinet in my bath but the studs are just short of where i need them. Has anyone tried the "hercules hooks" that are on TV? which anchors are preferred= plastic or metal? thanks for any help.

KareninLV

Re: wall anchors

Post by KareninLV » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:17 pm

I love the Hercules hooks, but I bought them from QVC last year, so don't know if the ones 'As seen on TV' are as strong or made of the same metal.....I also live in a Fleetwood, I have several mirrors & pictures as well as a heavy wrought iron decorative piece hanging on those hooks with never a problem.....For hanging things where you need a 'molly' or anchor we only use the EZ-Anchor, they screw in & you can get them in assorted sizes at Home Depot or Lowes. I have seen the 'hercules' hooks there as well....but different name.

Good Luck,
Karen in LV

paintnut

Post by paintnut » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:19 pm

thanks so much for your help. I will look for those EZ hooks. My problem has been that the hole I put the mollies thru gets too big and doesn't hold well. thanks again!!

Mark Bower

Post by Mark Bower » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:09 pm

Here's the best anchors for thin walls: They hold a lot and never tear out.

Thin Wall Anchors
----
You gotta see my mobile home repair manual!