To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

Replacing Insulation/Underbelly

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Post a reply
1 postPage 1 of 1

Replacing Insulation/Underbelly

Postby » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:20 pm

While moving our 1999 Manufactured home to a permanent site in Tillamook, Oregon, the underbelly was torn and the insulation absorbed water. I have released the water from the underbelly, however, in order to avoid dryrot, mildew, etc. I am leaning toward removing the old insulation and replacing it with new. I understand that will also entail replacing the underbelly. The house is being placed in a permanent location and will have a block foundation. Luckily, the foundation has not been installed as we cannot install the foundation until such time as the underbelly is repaired (per local inspector). I have placed a vapor barrier on our slab. I would appreciate some input as to the magnitude of the job that I might be undertaking. Also, as the home is in a permanent location, will have a foundation and has a vapor barrier installed, is it necessary to install an underbelly or can I install foil backed insulation? Lastly, does anyone have any tips or suggestions on anything else I might do or how to make this repair without it becoming a major undertaking. Thanks for your help.

Mark
Mark Harguth offline

Post a reply
1 postPage 1 of 1