To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

sliding glass door

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2

sliding glass door

Postby » Sat May 21, 2005 2:38 pm

Any ideas on sources for replacement sliding glass door for a 1976 Skyline manufactured home? Door size 74Wx79H.....

Thanks
Kris offline

Re: sliding glass door

Postby » Wed May 25, 2005 5:15 am

If you have the room, it would be easier to buy a standard size door and cut the opening to fit. Otherwise hoping a dealer can order from a factory is about the only choice I know of.

Mark
You gotta see my repair manual!
Mark Bower offline

Postby » Sat May 28, 2005 12:32 pm

Call the manufacturer of your home direct - you will have better luck than if you go through a dealer. You can also call Philips or Kinro (manufacturers of doors/windows for MH), and they can tell you who to go to.
Galen offline

Postby » Sat May 28, 2005 5:22 pm

Order
from our on-line parts store. Everything you need is here from doors, windows, screens, plumbing and
electric parts, bath and kitchen fixtures, roof and ceiling components, and more.... even set-up materials,

Click Here Now! to go to
the MH PARTS STORE

webmaster

David Oxhandler offline

Postby » Mon May 30, 2005 2:27 am

I just installed a basic Pella 6' slider (just under $300 at Lowe's) which replaced a large window, but I had the room gutted and am residing the outside, so it was no big deal.

I have to take exception to what Mark said (good natured, of course, Mark!). I agree with it in part. Yes, it will be easier to BUY a standard replacement door, but I don't see how it could possibly be easier when it comes to installation, if resizing the rough opening is required (which it would be)

A local vinyl window company may be alble to offer a solution that would be minimally invasive with regards to tearing out the old one.
Bill offline

Postby » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:48 am

If you replace it with one from Lowes, as we did with a Pella, it's going to be bigger and brighter. You have to make sure you have good enough headers and a tall enough clearance though to not only install it but keep the intregrity of your roofline intact.
Sylvia offline

Postby » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:50 pm

what about repacing the sliders in a kitchen with french doors. does any one sell our sizes to fit?
hilary offline

Postby » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:39 am

Order from the MH PARTS STORE  

David Oxhandler offline

Postby » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Broken glass in sliding glass door.How much would a replacement glass be? Kincro vinyl Sliding Glass Door #RM09464-1.The size 69.5 by 33. 58PSF
Jim Sprague offline

Postby » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:22 am

The vinyl doors are usually tempered thermopane glass..These are very expensive to fix..We find it is usually less expensive to buy and install a whole new door assembly with the glass in it..
rmurray offline

Next
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2