Painting Over wallpaper

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
slcanela

Re: Painting Over wallpaper

Post by slcanela » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:39 pm

Yes. We have a mobile home with wallpaper. I just painted a good quality primer first and then you can paint when it dries. Both of my bedrooms came out great,however, you may need to put 2 coats of paint. For the 2nd bedroom, I added a little silica to the paint (made for paint), to add a little texture and it looks great. If you use a good quality primer, you can even put a drywall texture (sprayed) on it. Don't try to remove the wallpaper because it is bonded onto the drywall board. Take you time and give yourself a couple of days and you should be just fine!

lil

Post by lil » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:45 am

do you know if I can put primer on the walls if I have already painted over the wallpaper? I have already painted two rooms and they are beginning to peel when touched

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:55 am

You will need to remove the un-primed paint.... 0r it will continue to fall off the wall itself. See my reply to your other post HERE
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

CarbaughDave

Post by CarbaughDave » Mon May 06, 2013 3:52 am

Will Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have a 2000 Castle Home where all of the rooms
> are wall papered...Could anyone tell me if we can
> paint over the paper or if it needs to be removed.
> thanks for your help..

Hello Will, you can surely paint over the wallpaper but just see that if the edges are not loose and if they are you can seal them with the use of a strong glue and press them tightly. This is the initial step you will have to do.