Load-bearing walls?

Ask our experienced MH repair and renovation experts about your home repair needs!
Bill

Load-bearing walls?

Post by Bill » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:38 am

I'm putting up new drywall in my 94 Dutch, and am fortunate enough that I can simply unscrew the section of wall behind my tub (this wall is shared with a walk-in closet) and put up new greenboard behind it, then put the wall back into place. Just wanted to make sure I'm not dealing with anything that's load bearing. My assumption is that only the exterior and marriage walls are load bearing. Is this a safe assumption? - Bill

Tracy

Re: Load-bearing walls?

Post by Tracy » Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:59 am

Yes,
Safe assumption.

Good Luck!
Tracy

Bill

Post by Bill » Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:24 am

Thought so... thanks Tracy!
Bill

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:34 pm

I'm sorry to differ....but (any walls) that runs perpendicular with the roof trusses are load bearing

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:07 am

There are interior load bearing walls....but from my understanding they always run parallel to the roof rafters...

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:36 am

The only instance of a load bearing inside wall in a single wide is where there is a transition to a higher ceiling. And we dont see these all that often any more. Tom

Danny

Post by Danny » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:44 pm

most walls that run parallel with the roof trusses are not under a truss...the loads that are put on exterior and marriage walls are greater than an interior wall ...however interior walls that are perpendicular to the trusses does carry less load ...but is load bearing to one extent or another

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:12 am

Oh, how I wish I had that site that shows the exploded view of a single wide. I cant find the darn thing. It would put this discussion to bed real quick, lol. Tom