Grissim Guide

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
sash

Grissim Guide

Post by sash » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:43 am

I have the 2006 edition of the Grissim Guide. Does anybody know if it has been updated for 2008? It's a great guide and if there is an update I want to get it.

Thanks

Trisha

rmurray

Re: Grissim Guide

Post by rmurray » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:26 am

He has made revisions from time to time. I am not sure of the last dates. John keeps up with the industry and posts here often. You could e-mail him directly and ask him if the current editions are new and improved from yours..

[email protected]

You are wise to be an educated buyer..Good Luck and post your questions here often..

John Grissim

Post by John Grissim » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi, Trisha,

rmurray (above) is correct. I continually review the listings in the Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured homes, then revise and update them betweeem each re-printing of the guide. The most recent printing was several months back (Dec. 07). Most of the changes involve MH builders that have closed their doors due to the poor housing market, or have been bought by others. Your 2006 edition is still very useful. Here's some news: early this fall we will be posting on the grissim guides web site all the updates since the last printing, including a few new builders. These will be available for free, so buyers of the Ratings Guide will be able to see all changes since the last printing of the Guide, and know that, together, they have the very latest and authoritative information.
Thanks for your kind words about the guide. It's gratifying to know the book has helped so many thousands of homebuyers. John Grissim, author, The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes, and The Grissim Buyer's Guide to Manufactured Homes and Land.

suebow

Post by suebow » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:03 am

John, what is your website? I too have the 2006 edition and it has helped some of my friends in their seach as well as ours. Still have not bought as still trying to sell our house and scale down. Florida's housing market is in the tank still.

Thanks
Sue

John Grissim

Post by John Grissim » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:58 am

Hi, Sue,
The website is grissimguides.com. I'm still trying to round up the listing information on two new manufacturers of mostly low-end homes, so it will likely be October when I will post on the web site the four or five new listings. In the meantime,as I indicated above, the current edition of the Ratings Guide, available here in the bookstore, is up to date as of several months ago. You and your friends should feel free to ask here any questions regarding manufacturers you don't see in the Ratings Guide.

John Grissim