To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

modular home marriage line walls get water marks

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Post a reply
12 postsPage 1 of 2

modular home marriage line walls get water marks

Postby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm

We moved into our Clayton Home 5 months ago. A water mark about 12"x8" showed up on the wall one day. My husband went to the attic to see if he could find the source of the water. What he found was the plastic used in transporting the house was still partially up. It was wet. Should there be insulation between the marriage line walls in the attic? There isn't any there. There is a seal at the marriage line under the house. It is visible from the basement. What could be causing the moisture at the marriage line? We contacted our dealer, but really not getting any help from them.
csawyer offline

Re: modular home marriage line walls get water marks

Postby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm

Sorry, I left out important info. The water mark is on a wall along the marriage line.
csawyer offline

Postby » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:22 pm

The walls that separate the sections of the home above the ceiling are not exterior walls and are not typically insulated.

It sounds like your home has possibly; settled out of level or a shingle near or on the center line roof cap has been compromised. These would be the first things to check in the event of a small leak, near the centerline, of a recently installed home.

Settlement is not unusual on many soil types especially during the first year and might require a re-level of the home. A single loose shingle on the centerline roof cap could cause leakage and is a very simple fix.

State laws today require all home installers to be licensed. Call your installation contractor and ask him to come out to determine where the problem is and what it will take to stop the leak.

Clayton has a good reputation for customer service. If your dealer continues to ignore your problem phone Clayton's home office at 800.822.0633
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Postby » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 am

Thank you very much. I now have a starting point at resolving this situation.
csawyer offline

Postby » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:45 pm

The plastic MUST be removed from between the two halves. That may well be the cause of your problem. Failure to remove the plastic creates severe condensation issues in cold weather. While the marriage walls are not insulated, there MUST be insulation placed between the marriage walls at the ceiling line and the end walls plus at the floor which you saw from the basement. Again, failing to do this creates severe condensation in cold weather. These things are not optional, they are essential with every home.
trmimo offline

commentspun2819

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 am

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything,[url=http://www.b-on-b.com/]toms shoes[/url]. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.
mhajoyvl772 offline

However

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks for the good writeup. It actually was once a amusement account it. Glance complicated to far delivered agreeable from you! However,[url=http://www.b-on-b.com/]Cheap toms[/url], how could we keep in touch?
mhajoyvl772 offline

I thought

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm

how to take in the sugar lf and table mountain in just four hours
If you're hunting for a distinctive unit that will assist you in looking after and styling your hair, then a Farouk CHI is for you. It'll only expense you regarding $fifty and you can select from stylish colours of red, blue along with black. This has a normal temperature of 356 levels Fahrenheit and it stays in this environment throughout the styling procedure.
Earl has lived on this farm for all but 3 years of his existence. We were a fulltime working dairy farm up until 2003 when we retired the group and now devote most of each of our time to farming. We have been operating the guest house since 1977. Recommended for helping steer Houston's response to hurricanes Katrina and Ike, White has qualities that, in Texas, are not often put together: A big bank account. A substantial bloc of potential voters Houstonians who have elected him three times. A lifelong connection with the .
I also like it because it is thin! I thought (in my ignorance) using a larger iron can be easier, but not so. Their much easier to use this one. Additionally. Intrigued by the little strange worms, I started sharing my personal find with family and friends. I've now discovered them by 50 percent other locations here in Port Orchard, therefore its not an isolated incident. And I keep thinking I can't be the only one who has seen these products.
Found this on SlickDeals, I am copying the first post that seems to have all the info. The web price is $55, so be sure to find out if your local store(s) has it in stock online. I had to speak with Customer Service within Cedar Hill, TX, plus they had to go in the back to find them (they weren't on the ground)..
Echo_sort_down. Jordan This year productive colors: 000; fontweight: bold; You need to turn out selected on the way to post a necessary commentYou can be perfectly accountable using this just one article. Subject style including profanity, unique explosions plus antisocial pattern (these given that spamming and trolling ), and some various other not compatible topic as well as factors can often be taken off..
Turn the duck every 5 or 10 mins. When it is cooked, take out the goose and set the gai choy on the side. Fill over the remaining sauce.. If you want for a chi hair straightener canada with extra punch,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], you will find it from the Minimal Version Farouk CHI Hair Styling Deal with 1inch Straightener. The White [url=http://www.dandhair.com]CHI Flat Iron[/url] normally takes care of the warmth styling or temperature straightening. The thermoprotection spray can take care of defending your strings from the damaging impact of extreme warmth.
mhajoyvl772 offline

also buy cute hat

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

For individuals who swear by this style and straighten every day, maybe it's really worth acquiring a monthtomonth serious fitness treatment method by way of a salon. It is certainly worth it and will genuinely strengthen your hair in the extended manage. They genuinely can be costly, however it is well worth it.
In a small bowl add the warm (this activates your yeast. If the water is way too hot the yeast can die and if the water is just too cold the yeast won't activate) tap water add the dry out yeast and the sugar along with stir to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes. It revolves arround any merchant who picks up a new crafty and charismatic hair goddess who offers her companies in exchange for a ride. Laurence and Horo's relationship moves forward too, that we enjoyed a lot. It was great but nothing too special.
I can express, that in all of the time I've spent on range, looking at information sites, I have never examine one as short as well as snappy and well constructed as this one, I do not in general comment on personal blogs nonetheless for yourself I felt the necessity to make an exception, this is absolutely excellent work and thoroughly opposite to the drivel, i spend the majority of of my time on the web, studying. Many thanks regarding bothering and expending the effort to present readers with a 1st class publish. I will enjoy reading far more of your work,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], just as before many thanks.
Instead, do a messy zig zag element, which will make roots less clear!The sun is your color's worst adversary! Make sure you use a shampoo and conditioner for colored curly hair and look for one that says it protects from UV rays or sun. Better yet, also buy cute hat!Are store brand shampoos/conditioners or salon brand names better? The cheaper store brands can contain alcoholic beverages, harsh detergents and resins that will leave residue on your locks. These ingredients are particularly tough on color treated locks.
Thanks to this it consumes only really little electrical energy. If you have any concerns relating to your own health or the wellness of your child, you should always meet with a physician or other healthcare professional. Make sure you review the Privacy Policy and Relation to its Use before using this internet site.
Fathead also expanded into a type of NFL furniture. You can find natural leather NFL Fathead chairs and recliners in several different styles. Every crew has these available, and you will find some with cup holders and other amenities as well. With there being too many romanization methods and they just about all suckPerhaps that's too harsh, however it is true that there are too many of all of them, and most of them were designed either by committee or by simply linguists, or even worse by a new committee of linguists. It can be, of course, a very tricky activity to devise a romanization method; several are better than others, but almost all involve plenty of counterintuitive spellings.Several. Because there is culture differenceOne of the significant reasons Chinese is so difficult for westerners is the culture between the East along with the West has been isolated for so long.
mhajoyvl772 offline

be a licensed chic along with pink chi flat iron

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

be a licensed chic along with pink ,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url][url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url]
What's more, it has a temperature dial to adjust to distinct hair settings, making certain the shiny and direct hair you wanted. Also, it's a single inch smooth system does wonders as it can straighten up, curl and flip nice hair as well. In comparison to the classic a single, its pink camo color tends to make it appear uncommon and truly appealing.
In case you have any concerns about your own health or the health of one's child, you should always consult with a medical professional or other healthcare professional. Please look at the Privacy Policy and Terms of Employ before using this site. Your own use of the site indicates the agreement to be bound through the Terms of Use..
I think which NFL Commissioner Godell will suspend Dez for 6 games because of his private conduct. This punishment with any luck , will bring Dez to his sensory faculties. In addition, the cowboys must surround Dez with people who are not over to get Dez money. This is an day of flat screen TV and there a variety of manufacturers and merchandise, which usually manufacture such flat screen Television sets with totally different options as well as knowhow input. Whenever you go to purchase or shop such TV often known as Excessive Explanation TV or HDTV an individual come throughout so many companies and dimension that you just come to be confused as what to obtain? Pricey pal it is good to have a giant TV however what if it is no use to you? There are a lot of individuals who think that the better the TV and the better include the specifications. However this is fallacious even 27 inch flat screen Tv set can have all the features that are needed for enjoying TV at home.
This quality comes with a price of $100 or higher, but these brushes are meant to last for many years and years. It's nongreasy because it is meant to be sprayed on dry out, styled hair to give an organic looking sheen. $6And when you're in for your next haircut, ask your current stylist for a hair glossing remedy.
Some are just also troublesome, creating you really feel worn out while you maintain and use it. So, how can this pink chi hair straightening iron vary from other straightening iron marketed in the industry? Pink chihuahua flat iron has a ceramic system that assures its similar or even high temperature distribution. Using the latest technologies, its body system generates infrared radiation along with negative ions which reduces fizz and leaves it static totally free.
At risk was a fiveyear contract to administer TRICARE, the military's health benefits program, for Department of Defense employees in the South starting next year. Louisvillebased Humana currently is doing the task now. UnitedHealth Group won the agreement starting in 2012, but Humana appealed a Department of Defense decision as well as won, according to the CourierJournal of Louisville, Ky..
mhajoyvl772 offline

Next
Post a reply
12 postsPage 1 of 2