electrical

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

chris1361

electrical

Post by chris1361 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 pm

Where do I find out the electrical that my 1991 double wide 48x52 redman home has. Would I find it in the electrical box behind the home? Is redman still in business and if so, how do I go about getting a book on my redman... Thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: electrical

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Red man has been bought out by Champion Homes since your home was built....it is doubtful that you will be able to get any electric or structural plans...

What is it you want to know about the electric?

If your trying to figure out how many amps are available check the main breaker inside the home.

The outside panel is NOT part of the home nor did it come from the factory. The outside panel is usually installed by an electrical contacted to install power. In addition to the home the outside panel may include a separate line for your Air/Heat unit, and separate lines for any sheds, additions or exterior lights not originally installed at the factory.

Please feel free to post any questions you have about the electrical system of your home and we will be glad to share or research the right answers.

You can CLICK HERE for search results from this sites data base of articles and postings about electic and manufactured homes.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

chris1361

Post by chris1361 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:45 pm

I have an outside panel on the back of my redman home, I don't see any panel anywhere in the home.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:01 pm

It is unusual, in most of the eastern states, for the electric panel to be installed on the exterior of the home.... Are you sure you home is a HUD manufactured home? Redman also builds modular homes that are build to local state codes.

We may still be able to help.... What is it you would like to know about the electric in your home?
David Oxhandler
[email protected]