ceiling air ducts?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Andrew Valet

ceiling air ducts?

Post by Andrew Valet » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Hello, my wife and I went home hunting today. Saw some very nice homes. While looking at a very nice home we really loved (Southern Estates) model? Anyway she asked me where are the floor registers? Well I looked all over only to find them in the ceiling. Ok call me stupid but ive not seen this before so I asked the sales Lady. she told me the advantage is cleaner air and good for allergies and asthma. Is this a line of selling snake oil or not? What do yall think of this?
Drew

rmurray

Re: ceiling air ducts?

Post by rmurray » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Overhead ducts are the most preferred in Florida "retirement world" The proponents often mention the dust and dirt problems of floor ducts..Most often you find overhead ducts in warm climates where a/c is predominate. Some say a/c is more efficient from the top blown down. The same folks will also admit heat works better from the floor..I have all ceiling ducts in my very efficient stick built house. There are not unusual..In this stage of looking you might consider checking out the book store here and investing in the Grissim buyers guides. These have become the best available information for the informed buyer..Good Luck with your quest..

Andrew Valet

Re: ceiling air ducts?

Post by Andrew Valet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:55 am

rmurray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
In this stage of looking you might
> consider checking out the book store here and
> investing in the Grissim buyers guides. These have
> become the best available information for the
> informed buyer..Good Luck with your quest..

Thank you! ordered the books last Thursday and looking forward to the reading!
Drew