To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

Wind zone code

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2

Wind zone code

Postby » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:38 am

I own a 1985 Cavailer moblie and can not find a wind zone data sheet anywhere. I am currently in a wind zone two county and I wish to move it to the land I just purchaced ( within the same county ). Spoke to a local mover and this is when I found out about the wind zone regs. Nice suprise. Is there anything I can do about the codes. I have contacted the manufacture with no promiseing results. I was informed by them the HUD regs did not go into effect untill the early 90`s . Just seems a little unfair to regulate a home well after the fact. Can a wind zone rate be upgraded of recertified? Any info in this matter will greatly be appreciated good bad or other wise.
JeffS offline

Re: Wind zone code

Postby » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:06 am

They were wrong in some ways...your home IS built to the HUD regulations and standards...They were right in the fact that the wind zone certifications and standards did not take effect until after Hurricane Andrew which hit Florida in the early 90'2..HUD asked the states to REQUIRE all new placements of homes in HUD specified wind zone areas to be homes meeting the standards...Your home is grandfathered in its current location BUT cannot be relocated to any wind zone 2 or 3 area..For you to sell the home it will have to go a little further inland when relocated...You should talk to your local building inspector about the designation on your land...Very few counties in SC are completely Wind zone 2 or 3...Many have areas out side the wind zone...a general rule of thumb in SC is all land from I-95 to the beach is in a wind zone...But that is not exactly correct..Your local building official can advise you about your specific land...

This quote is directly from the manufactured home laws in SC..

"South Carolina is divided into two wind zones. Wind zone 1 is designated as a moderate wind speed area and wind zone 2 is designated as a high wind speed area. Federal law defines the wind zone 2 as all areas within the counties of Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, Horry, Jasper and Williamsburg. All other counties fall within wind zone 1. All manufactured homes must be labeled to meet the minimum wind speed for the zone in which they are to be placed. Consequently, only homes built to wind zone 2 specifications, and labeled as wind zone 2 units may be placed in the nine counties listed above. Homes labeled as wind zone 1 or wind zone 2 may be placed in the remaining counties. The wind zone requirements are provisions of federal law and no exceptions or variances are permitted."

Looks like if you are in one of these nine counties you are out of luck...

There is NO proceedure to certify already built homes...
rmurray offline

Postby » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:24 am

i have the same situation, i own a 1994 homestead plantation 28 x 70 manufactured home, it is currently in alabama, and i'm considering moving it to duval county (jacksonville area) and i don't know if i'm able to move it there due to the wind zones, and the local governments were not much help.. any suggestions as to how i can find out?
tonioj offline

Postby » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Florida is very strict about wind zone requirements. All of the Jacksonville area is in Wind Zone II Unless you can show that your home was built to zone II or III requirements your going to probably find it imposable to get a placement permit, See the map below if your home is located in the southern most part of AL there is a possibility that it may qualify. If it is anyplace else in the state it is most likely not going to be built to Zone II standards

Each manufactured home must be designed according to the federal Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards, commonly called the HUD Code. The HUD Code stipulates, that the home shall be designed and constructed to conform to one of three wind load zones. The appropriate wind zone used in design is dependent on where the home will be initially installed. Homes designed and constructed to a higher Wind Zone can be installed in a lower Wind Zone. A Wind Zone III home can be installed in a Wind Zone I or II location. However, a Wind Zone I home cannot be installed in either a Wind Zone II or III area.

Give due consideration to the costs involved in prepping your home for the road, transportation and re-installation cost. These costs may make taking you home along more expensive than selling it where it sits and replacing it on the other end.

The cost of installation in Florida has become ridiculously high. All installs MUST be done by licensed contractors. Almost every building authority in the state charges very high permit and impact fees, and requires skirting and minimally a driveway apron, from the edge of the county paved road, across the grassy portion of the roadway to the edge of your property line. Here in MARION COUNTY FLORIDA the cost of installing a single wide is well over $15,000... NOT including the cost of installing water and septic or sewer. If there are public utilities the impact fees will be higher. If there are not you will have to shoulder the cost of drilling a well and installing a private septic tank system.

It is critical that you get s few estimates on ALL costs involved before you decide to move your home.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Postby » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:13 pm

I am not familiar with South Carolina but since these are federal laws i would assume the same rules apply to all states In Florida, Tampa Bay are you can place the 1985 Cavalier in any county. They are Grandfathered in and any home built between 1976 to 1993 is not regulated by wind zones. Homes build prior to 1976 will not be issued a building permit if they are moved (unless the move is because a park/land it is on has been sold and you "have" to move it) The home, when moved must be set to the new set up codes that came in to effect in 2000.

As for the person moving from Alabama to Florida, since your home is a 1994 it was build after the wind zone laws so if it is a wind zone 1 you can not move it to Florida, If it is a Zone 2 you will have no problem.

The cost of setting a singlewide for $15000 is extremely high unless you are counting in the impacts, site prep and so on. For a standard set for a single wide (delivery, blocking, leveling and anchoring) we charge $3500 but you can most likely find an independent contractor that will do it for around $3000.
finboy71 offline

You should take part in a contest for one of the best sites online. I am going to highly recommend this web site

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:10 am

You should take part in a contest for one of the best sites online,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms espadrilles[/url]. I am going to highly recommend this web site!
mhajoyvl772 offline

for example it isnt printed at the middle or place is a minor off

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Michael Dell, the computer magnate, after bought a piece of property from Perry for almost four times what this individual paid two years earlier. In 2001, the governor bought a piece of lakefront property from his longtime friend, state Sen. Troy Fraser, RHorseshoe Bay.
Capsule review: When Parasole Restaurant Assets, the company behind Manny's Steakhouse, Chino Latino, Muffuletta along with other classic Twin Cities eating places,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], ventures into French property with Salut Bar Americain. Translation: It isn't really terribly French, but it's a crowdpleaser. Expect to find fairly familiar stand up frog legs, escargot, croque madame, steak au poivre, goose a l'orange, creme brulee alongside a whole range of crowdpleasing United states dishes, from a wedge salad to red velvet cake.
The duck goes right into the wok. More light soya suace if necessary. Fill in water. "He's generally always taken an interest in governmental policies," Emrick's father, John Emrick, stated as he watched his boy stand for an interview with the Residence GOP's internal public relations machine. "He failed to like the way things had been going. He wants to change what he can/ He's a fantastic son.
Authentic CHI hair irons do not have stickers. In the event the symbol is not appropriately imprinted on the merchandise, for example it isn't printed at the middle or place is a minor off, then it is not legitimate. Furthermore, there is information discovered on the handle beside the on/off swap.
Another guitarist who goes further back with Paul was Steve Miller. "My dad had been friends with Les Paul," Miller recalled within an interview in 1992. "When I used to be a child, he would take a video tape recorder out and report music at my house in the evening. Cook chicken until deeply golden on each side, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to dessert sheet in preheated cooker and finish off for another 5 minutes cooking time. Cook chicken Five to six tenders at a time in a single layer, introducing additional oil if necessary.
Now coming to the conclusion it could be said that it is hard to comment on that your best hair straightener is. Since going through the customer reviews both have faithful and happy customers and also honestly there are owners of one particular flat iron who switch over to the other but they are few in quantities so it is difficult to suggest that to purchase. So the decision is left with you..
All of these types require optimum one particular minute in order to warmth up. They utilize ceramic plates which make certain that temperature is evenly distributed ensuing in lesser likelihood of temperature injury during styling. For instance if you have thick and prolonged locks then it is better that you choose for that design with 1 inch or two inch plate rating.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Flat irons are wonderful hair styling equipments if you can style flowing hair safely and perfectly. If you are a busy career woman

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 pm

This can be a residencegrown remedy with avocadoes or olive oil, or a store model. With the appropriate equipment with the trade, you can have that "just from the salon look" for any particular event. If you have any concerns concerning your own health or the wellbeing of your child, you should always meet with a physician or other healthcare professional.
Together with family and friends at their side, the brand new lawmakers join their longerserving acquaintances to begin work on what's supposed to be one of the most difficult finances seasons in years. When he takes over on Jan. 18, Republican Gov.Decide Tom Corbett will try to recognition a campaign promise not to increase taxes even as he attempts to close a $4 billion budget deficit through spending reductions alone..
Flat irons are wonderful hair styling equipments if you can style flowing hair safely and perfectly. If you are a busy career woman, you can spare the time for styling your hair anywhere. Proper care along with regular maintenance is required to keep the durability and performance of the device.
Cardcaptor Sakura: The MovieGoodEntertaining enough to be a great watch. In addition to that the action seemed to be excellent. It was both amusing and action packed. This became GREAT!! I did not make the marinade, I used 2 jars of Bertolli Tomato Basil Sauce but I does use the onion garlic grilled them before browning the sausage. I used 1 pound. Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage 1 lb.
My locks has a ton of body. It really is definitely not curly but it is not straight either. I whack dry it straight daily and then finish off with the flat iron. But it will be wise to compass from the options first and simply investigate prices. This will not only lessen your choices but also will help to have a clearer expectation regarding the budget. Whatever you purchase it is important for you to remember not to compromise together with the hair integrity,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url]..
Cook veggies with chicken 5 to 7 moments to soften. Add tomatoes, tomato gravy and stock. Bring soups to a bubble, reduce warmth to medium low.. The actual Chi stylers are also manufactured by keeping the safety and health of one's hair in the mind so that you can style you hair directly into different trendy styling possibilities without burning, pulling or breaking your hair. Several safety and health informed features are added in the modern devices that make them the actual highly preferred tool by simply popular hair stylists as well. You will be astonished to come across a myriad of contributions of latest technology in the brand new Chi hair straighteners that has manufactured the time consuming and difficult task of styling an easy along with quick process..
mhajoyvl772 offline

just under $200 vs. Your ConAirs brand at $30.

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

I feel a body stir to be able to my left. The oven has gone out during the night old walls burn up quickly. I glance out your window behind me. Discovering a great chi ceramic hair straightening iron is most likely 1 of the greatest approaches the place you can score wonderful bargains. In addition to being aware of additional information about these irons, you can even rating the latest models and also get some excellent discount rates alongside the way. Apart from flat irons, there are a good deal of other hair tools that Chi has.
In addition they occur in a barrage of colours from blue, black and also red. With their wonderful top quality and extraordinary overall performance, they've emerged as the top reviewed styling equipment by common hair stylists and consumers all throughout the whole world. They each occur in plate width of related size and supply fast heating and heat retention functions that help in styling your hair inside the shortest possible time.
Repairing severely broken hair can think about a great deal of time, but at some point it'll get far better. By employing a top quality iron they can get the directly hair search they've consistently needed without obtaining to devote a good deal of funds upon pricey therapies. These items are one of the very best offering hair care products these days.
The Chi straighteners are designed to suit colored along with bleached hair also and also work on your hair gently without fading the color of your curly hair. There smoothly gliding china offer gentle application on your hair, while retaining natural moisture of your hair. They will boast of the variable temperature setting feature that offers multiple heat setting options according to the requirement of your hair.
Garvan's Lights about the Landscape layout, open right up until Dec. 31 (closed Dec. 25), is enhanced simply by hot chocolate and spiced cider,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], along with marshmallows to roast at the pavilion. Most of her stylists told me that they do worry about potential harm since ConAir is a lot less money than the industry standard brand called Chi. [url=http://www.dandhair.com]Chi flat irons[/url] tend to be what most professional stylists employ and the pros told me that Chi also sells a new Wet Dry, but it expenses much, just under $200 vs. Your ConAir's brand at $30.
Deepfry the wombok leaves (to ensure the shape intact). Drain well. Go into the broth on lowmedium. CHI irons use a clay plate which is good however, there is now better technology. If desire a professional flat iron and you are at ease with spending around $140 I would strongly suggest the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, the idea heats up to 450f with temp control, tourmaline ceramic plates along with rounded edges which makes it perfect for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year manufacturer's warranty.
mhajoyvl772 offline

she is constantly smiling and pleasant and made everyone feel special

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:46 pm

The [url=http://www.dandhair.com]Chi flat irons[/url] are built to suit colored and bleached hair also and work with your hair gently without falling the color of your hair. There smoothly gliding plates offer you gentle application on your locks, while retaining the natural wetness of your hair. They feature the variable temperature placing feature that offers multiple temperature setting options as per the advantages of your hair.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over mediumhigh flame inside a large ovenproof skillet. Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the veteran flour, and then dip them in the egg wash to layer completely, letting the excess get off, then dredge in the bread crumbs. When the oil is sweet and hot, add the cutlets and also fry for 4 minutes on each side until fantastic and crusty, turning once..
They require 1 employee for ever 45,000 rides taken on mild rail. This means that their bus division employed 998 people in 2010, while light rail just employed 335. And that means a reduced, less powerful union.Out in Portland, OR where these people move virtually the same number of passenger miles by coach as they move by track, despite nearly constant expansion of their rail system within the 16 year period coming from 19962011 they've spent $200 Million more about buses than they've allocated to rail.
Recently returned from our second trip to SUN Structure . These people work so hard as well as deserve tips. The food was great with many choices , i was there 15 days as well as the variety of choices kept people from getting bored with the foods! Marisol, is a great waitress, she is constantly smiling and pleasant and made everyone feel special! Pedrolati Pablo and Redolfo , were both fantastic waiters, couldn't do ample for us and very pleasant and obliging ! My only complaint was that the music during breakfast was a little loud .
I'd hug him, and invariably ask: What cologne are you sporting? "None" was always his respond. The scent of a sweaty, working man is sexyand technology backs me up. A newly released University of California research found that woman who taken in a chemical in male sweat felt happier and more in the mood.
The original denture has an offer sheet Chi Ceramic 1 inch the perfect quantity of coverage for people with fine curly hair, medium or thick. Repaired parameters of heat supply between your temperatures of 302 and 356 diplomas. Another great advantage is that the discs are wet and do not pull the hair cause pain and curly hair breakage.
Seen all009 Re:Cyborg (film)Masterpiece0091 (TV)GoodAn interesting watch. A sleek and sexy action title. Not a fan regarding some of the character designs even though.11eyes (TV)Very goodPretty good sequence though the end of the series was pretty strange. This kind of design also arrives together with ionic technology in the ceramic dish that ensures that you will have an even distribution of warmth no subject how numerous employs and exactly how will the item is. This ionic technological innovation also ensures an even more sleek, smooth and even straightening that is certain to leave you pleased. If you have any concerns regarding your own health or the well being of your child,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], you should always meet with a physician or other healthcare professional.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Next
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2