Scotbilt homes

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Max

Re: Scotbilt homes

Post by Max » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:52 pm

Do you know how long Scotbilt has been around?

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:28 pm

Sam Scott the namesake of Scotbuilt has been in the industry in Waycross, GA for decades...this company is only his most recent return to the industry...I think they have been open about 6 months....

VAL OLDS

Post by VAL OLDS » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:53 am

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A SCOTBUILT HOME. UNFORTUNATELY, BEFORE OUR LOT WAS SURVEYED OR INSPECTED BY THE DEALERSHIP, THEY BUILT THE HOME WE THOUGHT WOULD FIT ON OUR LOT. NOW, THEY DO NOT WISH TO REBUILD A NEW HOME AND SELL THE HOME THEY BUILT WITHOUT DOING THE GROUND WORK FIRST. WE HAVE EVEN PAID THEM OVER $20,000.00 AS A DOWN PAYMENT, ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Max

Post by Max » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:48 am

thanks

Joyce Johnston

Post by Joyce Johnston » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:13 pm

I am also looking to buy a mobile home in Florida. I love the floor plans Scotbuilt has. Twice I have been told by park managers the they get quick service from Scotbuilt. One manager said she switched from Nobility to Scotbuilt because of good service. I know that they are built in Waycross Ga

Theron S. Leonard

Post by Theron S. Leonard » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:48 am

www.scotbilt.com
We are considering buying one, have some friends who are very happy with theirs.

Theron S. Leonard

Post by Theron S. Leonard » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:51 am

Thanks for the info regarding Georgia title. Do you know anythinng about Florida?

don

Post by don » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:27 am

Val
As a manager of a dealership in Plant City, Florida, I would have asked for a copy of a plat? A copy of a deed showing leagl description? LAND CONTRACT OF SALE?
BE SURE THE HOME YOU ORDER WILL FIT. SOUNDS LIKE MAYBE YOU WERE DEALING WITH AN INEXPERIENCED SALESPERSON?
I FEEL THE DEALER SHOULD DO THE RIGHT THING, THAT BEING, ORDER YOU ONE THAT WILL FIT YOUR LOT. JUST MY OPINION, HOWEVER!!!

rmurray

Re: Spotbilt homes

Post by rmurray » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:47 am

Every state now has a system to retire titles and make manufactured homes part of the real estate...Check with your local Clerk of the Court for details of the process...The state title office may also have some info..Be sure to check with your tax assessor about taxes before and after..To be sure you will not have a large tax increase that you do not need...

Wandalan Rv'S Richard Guyn

Re: Spotbilt homes

Post by Wandalan Rv'S Richard Guyn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:08 am

Yes We Sell Scotbiult Homes We are in Nokomis Fl.Please Call us at 941483 4292