To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

Resale value of my manufactured home?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2

Resale value of my manufactured home?

Postby » Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:30 pm

Hi,
I am inquiring on several things that should be self-explanatory. I owned a well-used 1984 Parkway with real wood cabinets, no shut-off valves,masonite siding, particle board flooring and was in a so-so park. I bought it in ignorance in 1992. I sold it in 1995 for $7500 and it needed repairs and had to be moved. I looked at new ones for two years before I purchased a 1995 Fleetwood Vogue, which is not the cheap version, but the one with island stove, built-in computer desk and kitchen pantry. I did pay to upgrade the house to vinyl and shingle. I paid $28,000 for it new, including set-up, washer and dryer, heat pump, and all upgrades cosmetically and fuctionally available on this home. It still looks like new inside and out, and has been fairly well-built. It shows many flaws in appearance, has had a few water related problems. The seal around kitchen window allowed a stain on my wallboard, same wallboard, vinyl I might add, has stains from the park's hard water back splash. AC leak caused wallboards to stain, but the floor did not warp or soften! It has the cheap novadecking too, whew! Numerous plumbing issues, faucets, water shut off valves going bad, old gray pvc lines I think. I am trying to sell the house now, and am finding it difficult in this economy. I was offered $7000 over the phone by a dealer who said that is all this home is worth. He said it didn't matter that it could stay in the desirable house like park which has lower than typical lot rent for the area. He also said it didn't matter that it had not been smoked in, lived in by pets or kids, or had been maintained in excellent condition. I do not know if I can get even what I got ot for the Parkway. I am moving into a singlewide located in the other side of this park. It is a 1997 Horton,14X80. It appears to be a better quality home. It has the real wood siding under the vinyl and real wood flooring. It has one piece tubs and thermal pane windows. I guess I shouldn't complain about anything as I got it for $12000 with a metal shed, a good size on, satellite system, and front deck- really oversized porch. I am wondering how much I should expect to get for the Fleetwood home, whether I got as good a deal as I hoped on the Horton, and what the future of the singlewide is. I would also be interested in finding out how I can find out about the history of mobile homes, such as old pictures of homes, old floorplans, and old sales literature, I love looking at homes in parks, and am amazed to see people still living in well maintained homes that are thirty plus years old here in North Carolina. Thanks for any information you can provide.
Steve Lancaster
steve lancaster offline

Vogue

Postby » Sun May 31, 2009 1:51 pm

What is the value of a 1997 vogue fleetwood, 2 bedrooms 1 bath. excellent condition,
hockeymomn108 offline

Re: resale values and quality and future of singlewide mh in nc

Postby » Sun May 31, 2009 2:38 pm

The value of any manufactured home depends on too many factors for anyone to give you an off the cuff answer.

Like any other structure the value of an existing manufactured home depends most on location... the same home in an upscale neighborhood will appraise for and find lenders willing to grant higher mortgages than that exact same home in a declining neighborhood.

"For many years, people have assumed that the value of manufactured homes depreciates. This is not so. Studies conducted at two Universities revealed that the determining factor of appreciation in both types of homes was their location. Maintenance also plays a major role. If a home of any kind is built or setup in a bad neighborhood or area it will probably depreciate no matter what. In a good area or neighborhood they will generally appreciate in value depending on the local housing market and economy. In the case of a manufactured home, if it is setup on a permanent foundation ... with good drainage so water does not sit under the home and if one buys from a reputable dealer who uses good setup people, the home will be no different than a site built home. It would appreciate in value at the same rate as a site built home in the same area. The cost of manufactured homes is significantly lower than the cost of site-built homes. This gives them an instant appreciation between what the home actually cost the homebuyer and what its market value is. In some cases, a multi-section manufactured home has sold for more the second time than the first. Properly setup and well taken care of, you are talking about a fantastic investment potential." (Source: http://www.rebelhome.net/myth.html)

You can get a BOOK VALUE REPORT online at www.MobileHome.com/bookvalue

This service will give you a very economical evaluation of your home based on the information you submit. What you will get back is the typical resale value of that year make and size home across the country on dealer lots for the past few months.

This is not a full appraisal . The reports address possibilities that include the manufactured home ONLY. No appraisal, evaluation or consideration of land value, location, or local market conditions are included and those factors could greatly effect the real market value of your manufactured home.

If you need the FULL PICTURE contact an Appraiser who is certified in Manufactured Housing Valuation for a written professional opinion prior to making any decisions that relate to buying selling or financing a previously owned manufactured home.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Re: Resale value of my manufactured home?

Postby » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:47 pm

I have a 94 Fleetwood, 2bedroom 2 bath,single wide 16 x 74. Although we have never missed a payment, we are upside down on our note. Home value I guess is about $7,000. Our balance is approx $14,000. I need to find a home thats accessible with wide doors for handicap. But I cant sell or get out of this home, to be able to get a handicap home. Do I have any other alternatives ?? Any different avenues to pursue ?? Or am I just stuck like so many others in this economy.
Slitelyused offline

Re: Resale value of my manufactured home?

Postby » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:16 am

You are NOT alone. Many good people across the country find that they are "upside down" in their home financially. Don’t think of your home as an investment that gains and looses it is a place to live and be at home. As long as the payments have not become too high for your budget, you are in a better place than many owners of all types homes.

If you need your home to be handicap accessible it is possible to convert your current home. Generally the door ways need to be widened. This can be done in your manufactured home just as well as in any other structure. You may need some additional modifications to your bathroom. If you need handgrips or handicap accessible fixtures you can find them at The Mobile Home Parts Store If you dont find what you need on the web site, friendly & knowledgeable customer service representatives are available to answer your questions or take your special order. Call them at the toll free number you will find at the top of the Parts Store pages

If your looking for a book that covers all facets of manufactured home repair, check out The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade As you would expect from the title, The repair and upgrade techniques described in this manual are specific to manufactured homes.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Good answers in return of this question with solid arguments and telling all regarding that.

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:11 am

Good answers in return of this question with solid arguments and telling all regarding that,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms espadrilles[/url].
mhajoyvl772 offline

developing you sense fatigued as you keep and use it.

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Ricky Martin gives the Interview of his life on Oprah today, Nov. 2, This year. This time there is more to speak about than his International Star status with over 60 trillion albums sold worldwide. Get in touch with Jerry Brown who is taking our state Green, see what he says. In the mean time remember stylists heat this product up to 450 degrees which releases the particular vapors into the air and everybody in the room gets exposed , even though they did not elect to. Ask a Fireman he will tell you about the dangers regarding Formaldehyde in a burning creating.
Consequently, it maintains actually temperature all the time, seals the actual cuticle, and retains away humidity. It can also lock in the hair color and delays diminishing. There's just one thing about a great hair that can increase your selfesteem and make you really feel and look fairly.
This implies a thorough rationalization. Pink CHI straightener is not only pretty inside pink, but a common while properly. The characteristics consist of the next:Right after making use of this hair straightening iron, consumers knowledge a skilled just like hair straightening/curling.
If the logo design just isn't accurately revealed on the merchandise, one example is it is not branded in the middle or the point is a little down, then it's not necessarily genuine. These types of straighteners usually spend regarding as much a single minute so that you can heat. Illumination.
The high good quality and toughness they supply inside their design and style is yet another factor to be compared. When in contrast the actual create design of CHI seems to be somewhat far better than the FHI. This is since the CHI resources tend to be designed with an ergonomic account that offers durable and comfy dealing with even though styling.
_Blood Shadow (OAV)Very goodRekka is so damn lucky. I do have to say the dub is unpleasant (I much prefer the subbed variation, precious Kappei Yamaguchi plays NinNin and pervert he might be I love his voice). More than Miko (crybaby),[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], I much desire Fubuki and her odd optimistic attitude and ambitions.
That they no longer offer a shuttle for you to town for shopping. Have to take a taxi which is around $25 each and every way.4. If you check out a nice restaurant plan on the 2+ hr dinner. (They're also VERY dangerous to small dogs and cats. Have a friend whose cat was murdered by a recliner). If you have any kind of concerns about your own well being or the health of your little one, you should always consult with a physician or another healthcare professional.
Japanese Thermal Styling Originally called the Yuko System. Sandra Bullock, Penelope Johnson and Jennifer Aniston are reported to use this type of straightener. Promises everlasting pin straight hair while keeping health and shine. Others want to buy be straight. This has been a major reason why curling along with straightening irons have been a boom in wellness treatment method and wellness planet. A few are just also bulky, developing you sense fatigued as you keep and use it.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Or maybe even

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

ghd mk4 ceramic curling iron is simply amazing
If I get the home, I don't really need anything else. I realize that my chi hair straightener has been flaking out regarding months, but I unplug this so it won't start a flames and I can deal with when I have a new home. Those dogs in the apartment across the courtyard in no way shut up and it would be lovely to have more than Nine hundred square feet for 2 humans as well as an kitty..
They each discuss substantially comparable positive aspects when applied to your hair. The related plate thickness of these rods is to be discussed 1st. When the CHI Farouk Turbo styler is produced which has a plate with of 7",[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], 1" and 2" plates, 1", 1 ??" then one ??" plates is the size of FHI.
The GHD is really, quite expensive and usually retails regarding practically twice the price tag from the CHI Turbo. The two your GHD Mk4 flat iron and the Qi Turbo flat iron get an typical ranking of about 4 out of 5. In the anniversary you acknowledge to perform assertive which you can wrapping the particular apperception of duster aural of a struggle anhydrate regardless of whether or not it is moist, guarantee to not blanket it down as capablebodied bound abandoned artlessly because of the fact this could accomplishment off aftereffect aural break stage.
Do not purchase a product or service online if the seller will not offer you any warranty mainly because it may possibly be effortlessly ruined and might just be an counterfeit of the first. The guarantee is a safeguard for you to make optimistic that the product you purchase is functional and authentic. Only purchase from reliable websites which might be identified for offering items like Amazon.
These are generally manufactured using lowcost components that will most likely be not able to make the influence that you will be looking for. What you can do as a substitute is go for low cost [url=http://www.dandhair.com]CHI flat irons[/url]. Look for for branded clubs on the Web that are on sale.
Noticed someAi Yori Aoshi (TV)GoodI really enjoyed the first few episodes of this, which is peculiar considering I only such as romance for the smut but there's exceptions for everything. I dislike how the series fell to the harem pattern, even less that there's one more series to this (overcomplicated much?). Delicate Layer (TV)Bamboo Blade (TV)Good13.
Your ultramodern You are able to Tennis games Knicks. This means this also is what making from golf appears. A distinctive matter: For what reason? Far less by means of, why are actually a lot of utilizing meaning unhealthy? And, for what reason have to have numerous get to be the make an attempt to have a good laugh an economical Nike air jordan document connected with most of the Baseball? Or maybe even, for what reason is certainly not essentially this excellent unsurprisingly failproof Melo/Amare/Chandler/DAntoni try making an effort? An subject matter in direction of kinds I really are interested in an easy solution: Why does an individual however health care along with consideration? Even more when compared with assumed placing Knicks freakout would develop into this amazing extremely agonizing, I personally best basketball shoes Four 60's have have gone that they through the help of Isiah.
mhajoyvl772 offline

of the tank

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 pm

With it, now I can take pleasure in my attractive emergence although spending less time. Why not carry a GHD Rotating Iron for Christmas?Ghd Chi Hair Straightener is the most famous brand all around the world. It was created in UK in Mid 2001. Now a deal on a merchandise Holmes uses every day and would certainly highly recommend to anybody who would like to straighten their hair. It's the Farouk Qi Styling Iron . The models on the outside don't mean anything, it's the quality of the flat iron that really matters.
La nage sous l'eauOn a tous jou a dans la piscine. Mais en 1900, ce sport tait aussi une self-discipline olympique. Il s'agissait de nager sous l'eau le in addition vite et le plus longtemps probable. AP, July 2005 much like structure: of the tank: could possibly be argued that the war chariots of various thousand years ago (used by such disparate civilizations as Old China and Boudicca's Iceni) represented the 1st AFV's. A light, mobile, weapons platform which carried a certain amount of security (armour?) from the projectile weapons through the day, and utilising a space source other than manpower. Though it has to be said that the very original chariots were donkey, rather than horse, powered.
We both shared where all of us lived coming from California and that i told her my other beauty shop experiences and how it drew because most upscale salons they simply want you in and out in a hurry as well as don care if you like flowing hair style or not. Trust me I from California and Miami there is many upscale salons and spas like Groove Jet though the one I been to similar to I mentioned before all they want is good for you to come in and leave as soon as is everything has been being careful for your hair style selection or perhaps product. I do not approve of this kind of why run off new or even old clienteles? You probably have new customers coming in but it your dropped and our gain.
The moment she has her own iron she could then participate in all around with it to her heart's content material. Quickly she will find out the excellent try to find her demands. For this reason, ceramic straightening irons were invented. Now that will be something to see. Update: It so is too, fucking awesome. I had been on the edge of my chair during the fifth part, where the sixth already? ;; Heroic Age (TV)Soso13.
Vivid tasting? Occasionally. Perfunctory? Often, inside a beenthere, tastedthat kind of way (one notable exception is a lovely, along with delicious, panfried walleye with a green curry sauce that screams "signature dish"). But the restaurant has pluses: offstreet parking a key Uptown asset a rather rockin' bar, catchy servers,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], getmeadoggybag portions, moderate rates..
mhajoyvl772 offline

barrettes

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:46 pm

The straightforward reply is that sorts occur in several various sizes depending on the sort of hair someone might have. Typically if the hair is as well short then the scaleddown menu dimensions would be the finest alternative. Different looks can be reached with these stylers these kinds of as straight, flickedout as well as wavy types and the adjustable temperature control permits the particular straighteners to be appropriate for most hair kinds.
GHD as well as CHI are two popular suppliers of best selling hair styling tools in the market. They are highly analyzed by customers and renowned hair stylist all across the world and are strongly suggested for its quality and electricity. Thus, comparing and evaluating which one is better than the other is often a difficult job.
That is why even additional and even extra men and women are employing apperception of hair straightening gear which accommodate abounding beneath cher finest to hair and facial salon styling. The GHD IV Mini apperception of hair straightening iron could potentially be the aboriginal duplicate involving everyones favorite apperception of hair straightners from Lady Skirt. Besides their versatility,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], GHD apperception involving hair straighteners are higher education technology gizmos.
However, the best way to locate discount stores in your area originates from the internet. Many of search engines right now has developed very advanced method to provide information so you can get information you want by get into jest few keywords. For example, you could possibly enter keywords like "coach electric outlet store online" or "coach purse lower price store" with the name of your location and you will be amazed that once numerous places where you can visit appear.
It should be remembered that the brain lice survive as long as they are on human body and meets its death once they fall off. So to get rid of the lice and their ovum, and help prevent a head lice reinfestation it becomes important to take care of the variables or dos that are usually overlooked besides paying attention to hair and they are washing all linens and clothing that's been not too long ago worn by anyone in your house who's infested in scorching water, vacuum clean any kind of upholstered furniture and carpets and rugs in your home and even in your car, saturate hair care items like combs, headbands, barrettes, and hair ties throughout rubbing alcohol or medicated shampoo for 1 hour possibly hot water. These are said to accomplish that because lice are easily handed from person to person in the same residence, bedmates and infested family members.
mhajoyvl772 offline

Next
Post a reply
11 postsPage 1 of 2