To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

Anyone have a manufactured home that came with a wrap around porch

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Post a reply
13 postsPage 1 of 2

Anyone have a manufactured home that came with a wrap around porch

Postby » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:15 pm

I recently purchased a 28X72 Clayton home with a wrap around porch on it. I am hoping to find some ideas of how to block it. We thought maybe we could just block around the living space and do lattice or something around the outside of the porch, but we are not sure if that will work. Anyone have ideas or pictures of homes like this?
aennis82 offline

Re: Anyone have a manufactured home that came with a wrap around porch

Postby » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:42 pm

We have had some confusion as to the nature of your question because of terminology. Blocking a manufactured home generally refers to setting blocks under the home to create a foundation system. I think what your asking about is what is referred to as skirting... closing in the area under the home.

A good answer would depend somewhat on what part of the country you are located. I am in Florida where frost is not a factor and the best system here is stucco. It can be made to look like brick, block or an outside textured wall. It is also the most expensive type, but looks great, lasts for decades, and is immune to damage from lawn mowers and weed whackers. The most economical skirting used in most parts of the country consists of vinyl panes that interlock to form a solid barricade.

Visit a few new home dealers or upscale parks and see what they are using. You dont necessarily have to purchase through them but they will have the best information about what type systems are in use in your area

I would avoid lattice. The best skirtings make a solid barrier. Even though part of your home is designed for outdoor living the floor system and underside is exactly the same as the inside sq footage. You want a solid barrier to prevent small animals from entering under your home, to save energy and in the north reduce the possibility of plumbing freeze ups.

Look under the porch area and you will see that there is a barrier... most often black in color, that the floor insulation rests on. Above the insulation there is a good possibility that there are some water lines... even under the deck section. Homes that I have worked on that dont have a solid skirt and permit the local cats, dogs, mice, squirrels to enter can have problems that you just dont want to deal with.

During dry spells I have seen homes where local raccoons and squires have discovered a water line and chewed thru it to get a drink. The pin hole made by a field mouse tooth is so small that the leakage is not noticed 'till it has cause mold, mildew or a wet spot on the bottom side of the floor decking that is rotting the floor. By the time this is noticed through a carpeted or vinyl covered floor you have a serious and expensive repair. I have also seen small animals nesting on the warm side of the insulation under homes. This generally goes unnoticed 'till a new born or even an adult gets lost above the insulation, cant find a way out and dies. You wake up one day with a stench in your home that is next to imposable to find. Read What is that bad smell & how do I get rid of it ?

If you are in the north consider a solid concrete skirting system. This is the best option available in areas where frost is a concern.

You can also see the following articles in our archive to get a fuller picture:

Air Tight Skirting?
- Manufactured Home Repair & Renovation - Fri 08/17/07 08:49:12 am
I have recently had the skirting system replaced on a singlewide mobile home in a northern climate. I used a simulated stone interlocking panel system. In order to better winter-proof the home, I had 2inch insulation board affixed to the back side of the metal frame that the skirting attaches to. Other than the access door, there are no openings. Is there such a thing as being too air-tight?...
Replacing skirting
- Manufactured Home Repair & Renovation - Tue 08/26/08 10:15:39 am
Hello - I had some hail damage to my mobile home this summer and need to replace some of the skirting. The problem I am having is finding the same type of vinyl skirting that I currently have. My current skirting panels are 13 3/4 inches wide but everything I am finding is 16inches wide and interlock differently. My mobile home was made in 1992. I don\'t really want to replace all my skirting... http://mfdhousing.com/phorum5/read.php?8,78698,78698

Replace metal skirting with HardiBoard
- Manufactured Home Repair & Renovation - Tue 06/10/08 05:28:07 pm
We have a 1974 double-wide whose paint (light green) is fading and oxidized. We have metal skirting ..handyman used Hardiboard instead of skirting. He has offered to replace all the skirting surrounding the house with this material, Any opinions on this switch-to-hardy-board would be appreciated.... http://mfdhousing.com/phorum5/read.php?8,78329,78329
Building A Skirting Access Door
- by Mark Bower - Sun 05/25/08 01:00:18 pm
 Many people do a great job of installing and up keeping their skirting, but fail to plan for a simple access to get underneath their home. Take it from me, makeshift doors are frustrating. If those access doors don't open because they are jammed, frozen, hinged, non-existent or whatever, they are...
manufacturedhousingparts.com manufacturedhousingrepair.com manufacturedhousingsales.com manufacturedhousingservice.com mfd-specialties.com
David Oxhandler
[email protected]
David Oxhandler offline

Hey there

Postby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:40 am

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and excellent design and style,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]cheap Toms shoes[/url].
mhajoyvl772 offline

thats all I have to say. Literally

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms espadrilles[/url], it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point. You clearly know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?
mhajoyvl772 offline

This is very attentiongrabbing

This is very attention-grabbing,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms shoes[/url], You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look ahead to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks
mhajoyvl772 offline

Thanks a lot

Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks a lot,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms[/url], I appreciate it!
mhajoyvl772 offline

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

Postby » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 am

Appreciate this post,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms[/url]. Let me try it out.
mhajoyvl772 offline

commentspun1188

Postby » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 am

When someone writes an post he/she maintains the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it. Therefore that's why this piece of writing is great,[url=http://www.britneyspearspussy.com/]Toms footwear[/url]. Thanks!
mhajoyvl772 offline

gorgeous hair has been an essential resource in creating self esteem particularly for women

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 pm

The visitors are not supply luxury Abercrombie Fitch Shorts brands. Furthermore, customers just necessity for you to splurge a little to be able Abercrombie Fitch Sweatshirts to acquire the most sole jean material formed by Ezra Fitch Abercrombie Fitch Outerwears in Nineteen hundred officially to become Abercrombie Fitch Co. As it tells Abercrombie Fitch Hoodies that the band provides the finest cashmere, pima Abercrombie Fitch Polos cotton and premier class natural leather to goods the casual and also Abercrombie Fitch Shirts body conscious garments.
Its all in a single ergonomic design and style permits it to own amazing attributes this kind of as smooth, straight locks, flicks or curls. The Chihuahua flat iron is a extensively used hair straightening product. Due to to its acceptance, there are now phony CHI irons getting bought from the industry most especially in Japan.
Working women faces this common problem with their hairs every day. And that is why a short hair cut is healthier and at one time easy to flaunt. No knot, no frizzy feeling again. "Hair can be one's crowning glory.Inches This stating has been a basic simple fact for most individuals regarding nowadays. Obtaining great, gorgeous hair has been an essential resource in creating self esteem particularly for women, be it in their person many years or teenage decades. Some want it short.
I can't believe this these areas were adorned beautifully and I think these the the best options for a wedding place at LeBlanc! Our colors ended up black,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat irons[/url], white and Tiffany glowing blue. I was a little worried that this areas would look carry, being that I only went with the decor included the particular package beside opting for dark-colored spandex chair covers( which seemed great!!!). It was just enough for us! We had about 12 guests and opted for the Full table.
501BN will automatically change to the currently active feedback source if there is only one lively input. If there are multiple lively inputs, then you can select the input either using the IR remote control or using the select button on the switch. The High-definition multimedia interface signal from the selected feedback is passed through to the productivity HDMI connection.
Le the multiple au pistoletIncroyable mais vrai. Cette discipline sportive any t prsente officiellement aux Jeux de 1912. But en comptition: tirer au pistolet une distance de 20 et 30 m on un mannequin portant une cible sur sa redingote! Heureusement. A ultramodern You may Golf Knicks. And this means which is really precisely what journeying out of golf seems. A unique topic: Why? A lesser amount of via, why are many utilizing which implies unhealthy? Or, exactly why have to have a lot of get to be the make an effort to chuckle a low priced Nike air jordans document of most of the Basketball? Or maybe even, why was not basically this unique apparently failproof Melo/Amare/Chandler/DAntoni try things out spending so much time? Usually the subject matter toward kinds Thus i i'm taking into consideration a straightforward option: For what reason does indeed a person having said that care in addition to focus? Much more than simply thought posting Knicks freakout would definitely grow to be this excellent pretty uncomfortable, I new basketball shoes Four 70's have have gone these products with the help of Isiah.
mhajoyvl772 offline

unknown to each other

Postby » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:50 pm

It 1 of the most wellliked toned ironing brand names in the overall world. Even though CHI hair straightener is one particular of the best makes in the whole globe, One has to discover use it for acquiring the best benefits achievable.One of the initial issue to be carried out is, shampoo and scenario your hair to get rid of all the dirt and build up of various hair merchandise. Immediately after washing the curly hair, consider a tiny of locks serum and operate the idea via moist hair, by doing this your hair is guarded via likely damage.
You really don't want to use this equipment with the harmful chemical, so it reduces the menace of hair. If you get a CHI straightener, which will fit your hair. For females, the hair is much like their crowning glory. It is important to look for a source that you are specific is trustworthy. This method can make hair behave even in humid climate. The combination of goods as well as instruments will enable the head of hair to retain its allnatural humidity,[url=http://www.dandhair.com]chi flat iron[/url], design and colour.
Once the grill is mediumhot, brush your grill grate with oil to keep the sliders via sticking. Place the sliders for the grill and cook pertaining to 4 minutes. Turn the sliders over with a spatula along with cook for another 4 to 6 moments, until mediumrare, or cook more time if you prefer the sliders much more well done.
Cheap Adidas Shoes. Mid 2001, the first Adidas Classic Series Authentic store opened in Germany, Germany. Later that calendar year, the second store in Tokyo, Japan launched. This was away from a growing sense of desperation on the inability of orthodox armed service wisdom to find a way out of the stalemate from the trenches, and out of revulsion with the mounting casualty lists. Monitored caterpillar devices had been known for some years before 1914: however, it got a flash of wizard to speculate on what might happen if these were combinesd with defensive shield and offensive weaponry. Was obviously a matter of chance who arrived first with the first aquarium: the British and the French, unknown to each other, were both working along the same traces, of utilising the caterpillar track principle that was in use pertaining to heavy civilian vehicles (the 1st protoJCB's on building sites were fully tracked, even in 1914).
BALDR Power EXE Resolution (OAV)Very goodAwfully pessimistic for any scifi anime but it's rather funny so I've got little to no complaints. The animation was kind of funky (at least in the Sent World) and some parts have been a little predictable but I loved the twists and turns in the story. They crammed a lot into only a number of episodes (which is impressive).
mhajoyvl772 offline

Next
Post a reply
13 postsPage 1 of 2