Thanks to everyone!

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Kris

Thanks to everyone!

Post by Kris » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:18 pm

This is from the previous post, what type of floor plan I am looking for. Also, Murray I am in Southern Calif, Riverside County. Thanks Murray for the floorplans they are really good! It said available only in other states beside California, why is that? I've noticed that with other companies also, that there are floorplans available only in certain states.

Thanks for the tips you all, especially for the tip about looking up information at the county as to who is installing themanufactured homes and going by and looking at their work. I hand't thought of that. I really appreciate it Ray!

This from the previous post:

What I am really looking for is a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath, and the master bedroom having a retreat. I mostly find a 4 bedroom with the master retreat being an optional 4th bedroom. I also wanted the 2nd bathroom to be in between 2 of the other bedrooms so that when my kids have to go in the middle of the night they can have easy access to the bathroom. The 1/2 bath would of course be for the guests.

So if you know of any let me know.

So hopefully I can find what I really want to live with for a long time. I am being patient and I don't want to rush into anything.

We are in a site built home right now and it is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Whatever anyone says about manufactured homes vs. site built, they'd better think again!!!

There is hardley not protection for the site built consumer, short of some large cost consuming law suit. And if you live in an older house you're just outta luck.

Thanks again Anne,

Kris

Susan W.

RE: Reply to Your Message

Post by Susan W. » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:55 pm

Hi Kris!

My name is Susan and I live in Riverside County in California also. I also live in a manufactured home where we own the land in Wildomar (close to Lake Elsinore, Murrieta and Temecula). You might check this area out as our manufactured home has 4 bedrooms with 1 bathroom off of the master bedroom and another bathroom between 3 smaller bedrooms at the other end of the house. We have almost 2,000 square feet and it is pretty close to what you described. We also have a retreat-like room off the living room in the back of the house with an office next to that. The area I live in contains a lot of manufactured housing and also there are a lot in the surrounding areas. Let me know if I can help you. Thanks, Susan W.

Kris

RE: Reply to Your Message

Post by Kris » Fri May 12, 2006 2:17 pm

Hey, I don't know how to add my email on here. Please let me know which manufactured home you have. The model number and brand.

Thanks!!!!!!
[email protected]

fasttyper3

Re: RE: Reply to Your Message

Post by fasttyper3 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:50 am

Hi Kris! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Our manufactured home is a Fleetwood and the Model Number is 3664B. Call me on my cell at 951-897-1471 if I can be of further help or e-mail me at [email protected]. If you recall, I told you I live in Riverside County also.

Hope this helps. I know people who sell the homes before they are placed on lots, those who list manufactured homes for sale and I also have access to a list of homes for sale.

Call me or e-mail me anytime.

Thanks, Susan W.
951-897-1471

mccoyae

Post by mccoyae » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:12 am

Kris - you haven't bought a house yet??? I'm tellin' ya...go back to SKyline!

Kris

Post by Kris » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:47 pm

Yeah I know!!!!!!!!!! My husband's work schedule is HORRIBLE!!!! I really liked THE Skyline, the only thing is, is that there are only 2 dealers in our area. One quoted us a prizce of around 91k for the Skyline Oak Manor 9704CT which is the 5 bedroom 3 bath 1800+ square feet. Not bad. But the other hold up is the land the family member is supposed to add our name to the deed. With my husband's work schedule it's really difficult. He's a driver. It's taking so long. You ever had something in your hand and want to close it to keep it there? I just hope we don't wait too long.

Our credit scores are really good, we don't have any major debt. The only thing is the down payment. I was told by the dealer that if we were to get our name added to the deed then we could use the land as collateral. I am still researching this to see if this is a good decision. Another thing is we have our budget ready but we are looking for downpayment assistance (just in case don't want to attach loan to the land which is free and clear). Are the interest rates higher if you attach a loan to the land (land in lieu?) or are the interest rates higher if you just get down payment assistance?

Anyway, I'm ready.......

Thanks,

Kris

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:35 pm

There are no down payment assistance programs for home only finance....All lenders will have to verify the down payment as having come from you...All down payment programs are for mortgage loans where land is included..

Your relative will have to subordinate his interest to your mortgage company...This means if you do not pay..he loses all of the land..Not just your half...Tying family into a 30 year note never made much sense to me..Stuff happens..but you still have to see them every family gathering...Personally I think it would be much better to use the property for collateral for a loan from a local bank for the required down...or...buy a new property with down payment assistance and FHA loan...keeping family completely out of it...Payments for this kind of loan will be higher about $1100.00 with principle, interest, taxes, insurance escrows and MIP...If the land is under $20K......

Good luck and move forward before rates go up any more...