To our new and returning members. We are in the process of migrating the forums to a completely new platform
please pardon our dust as we migrate posts. Some pages may look strange as we complete the migration process.

The Manufactured Housing Forums

What do you want to know about manufactured homes?
The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Register Login

2 story double wides

The central location on the web for the owners of manufactured homes to share their experiences.
Post a reply
8 postsPage 1 of 1

2 story double wides

Postby » Mon May 07, 2001 4:25 pm

A couple years ago we passed by a dealership who had a 2 story doublewide set up. Have any of you seen these? The upstairs was left unfinished so that you could divide it as you saw fit. I cannot find anything about them here in Ky. Who is the manufacturer? Can anyone help? Thanks, Tammy
Tammy offline

RE: 2 story double wides

Postby » Thu May 17, 2001 11:45 pm

Tammy:
I do recall seeing two-story manufactured homes in an industry magazine article several years ago. I can't recall the name of the manufacturer. In fact, I don't recall seeing or hearing anymore about them. I'll do a little research on this.
Jon
Jon offline

Postby » Fri May 18, 2001 10:03 pm

Tammy:
Seems that Fleetwood Homes introduced a new two-story model last month in California. They should be available on a more nationwide basis within a few months. The model features four bedrooms and two and one-half baths within 1,800 square feet. The price is expected to vary according to locale but estimates peg the retail price somewhere around $79,000.
Hope this helps.
Jon offline

Postby » Fri May 18, 2001 10:36 pm

Oh, thank you so much!! It is very much appreciated. I had been able to come up with a manufacturer called the Comodors but cannot seem to find anything on them. They had a couple of 2 story's set up in TN a year ago but I cannot locate them anywhere now. If you find anything on them please let me know and again, Thank you for the helpful information. Tammy
Tammy offline

Postby » Sat May 19, 2001 3:13 pm

Tammy:
I am aware of three manufacturing plants that operate under the Commodore name. Two of them are located in Indiana (The Commodore Corporation)---219-533-7100 in Goshen, IN and 219-457-3154 in Syracuse, IN. I know this company has been around for awhile and it is likely to be the company whose model you saw in TN.
However, there is also Commodore Homes of VA. I have not heard of any affiliation between these companies. In any case, this second firm can be reached at 804-793-8811.
I hope you find what you need.
Jon offline

Postby » Tue May 29, 2001 2:06 am

I looked at a two story double wide at Home-Mart in Tulsa Saturday, but didn't pay any attention to the manufacturer. Home-Mart has a web page at http://www.homemart-ok.com/. You might be able to find out who makes it by emailing them.
Sue offline

Postby » Wed May 30, 2001 11:12 pm

Sue, thank you so very much. I have contacted them and am waiting for the information. Thank you for your time. It is much appreciated. Best of luck, Tammy
Tammy offline

Postby » Thu Jun 14, 2001 10:50 pm

Horton Homes is the manufacturer of a cape cod style home. Go to the web site for Horton Homes, Inc or you may try
Dynasty Homes, Inc. I went in one here locally in Georgia. They are very nice but expensive. These are modular homes.
Lara offline

Post a reply
8 postsPage 1 of 1